Chapter 10: Dictation

◎"I sleep in your bed?"◎

Chen Yimian looked at Zhou Yi's momentary hesitation and blinked her eyes. "What's wrong?"

Zhou Yi turned his face away and said lightly, "It's nothing."

After finishing their meal, the two of them rode their bikes back home.

The infrastructure of the residential building was a bit old, and the motion sensor lights in the corridor didn't turn on even after Chen Yimian kicked the floor several times.

Walking behind her, Zhou Yi suddenly projected a beam of light from his hand.

Chen Yimian widened her eyes. "Why did you bring your phone to school?"

"I absentmindedly put it in my pocket in the morning."

"Do you always carry it with you?"

"Should I hang it around my neck?"

Zhou Yi followed her to the third floor, where both of them were accustomed to taking a short break.

The light from the phone flashlight illuminated Chen Yimian's face, making her look pale. She had a slightly puzzled expression and seemed somewhat unwilling.

"Why do you..."

Zhou Yi immediately understood and sneered, "After all, unlike someone, I don't keep my phone on without silent mode and playing 'Good Luck Comes'."

Chen Yimian mercilessly passed judgment, "But everyone thinks 'Good Luck Comes' is your taste, you know."

Zhou Yi: "..."

Seeing Zhou Yi's cold expression, Chen Yimian felt satisfied.

She made a funny face at him, retreated while climbing the stairs, and halfway through, she leaned on the handrail, sticking out her head to ask Zhou Yi, "Is Auntie Chai not home today either?"

Zhou Yi's voice couldn't convey any emotions. He twisted the doorknob, and his phone was already turned off, hiding his entire face in the dark night.

"Yeah."

Chen Yimian said, "There's never anyone at home. Why don't you just come to my place and sleep? Both Teacher Chai and my dad would definitely welcome you with open arms."

Zhou Yi casually twirled the keys in his hand and asked, "I stay at your place? Where would I sleep?"

He paused for a moment and smiled playfully, "I sleep in your bed?"

"But it makes sense. You always complain about your back pain, right? Sleeping on the couch would be beneficial for you."

Chen Yimian wore a dark expression. "Heh."

She should have turned around and left, but she couldn't help but speak again, feeling somewhat concerned about the image of Zhou Yi stepping into his dark house. "Why didn't Zhou Ci come home during the summer vacation?"

Even during the summer vacation, Zhou Yi's house was devoid of any liveliness.

Zhou Yi raised an eyebrow. "Do you have something to do with him?"

"I'm just asking."

Zhou Yi sneered, clearly uninterested in Chen Yimian bringing up his brother.

"Let's go."

He closed the door.

Chen Yimian punched the air and finally went upstairs, muttering to herself, "Such an immature ghost."

After Zhou Yi closed the door, the lights remained off for a long time. He was accustomed to the darkness and quietness of this empty house.

But at this moment, something disturbed his state of mind, and he examined this empty house like a stranger, until his phone vibrated several times in a row.