Chapter 2: Autograph

◎"You seem quite concerned about the world."◎

Zhou Yi locked his bike in the non-motorized vehicle parking area outside Le Tian Shopping Mall. As he raised his eyes, he saw a rectangular poster with the words, "Popular manga artist Notte's first comic signing event, Le Tian Shopping Mall L1 Atrium."

Zhou Yi immediately understood Chen Yimian's true motive for going out.

Narrowing his eyes, he asked, "Using me as a cover?"

Chen Yimian pursed her lips and smiled, offering no defense. Her eyes lit up as soon as she saw the poster, and she walked straight ahead.

After walking a few steps, she realized Zhou Yi hadn't followed her. She turned around, stood under the spotlight, squinting her eyes, and waved her hand at Zhou Yi. "Hurry up!"

With fair skin and naturally light-colored hair, she appeared somewhat pale up close. However, in the sunlight, her hair, resembling a golden Barbie doll's, glistened and swayed with the breeze. Zhou Yi raised an eyebrow, lowered his head, and eventually caught up with her.

At the signing event venue in the atrium, Zhou Yi stood behind Chen Yimian, engrossed in his phone and oblivious to the slow-moving queue.

On the other hand, Chen Yimian eagerly observed the progress of the line, occasionally jumping up for a better view. As she landed, she accidentally bumped into Zhou Yi's shoulder.

He clicked his tongue and gently placed his slender fingers on Chen Yimian's head, readjusting her position. Taking advantage of his height, he casually glanced around.

Drawing a conclusion, he said, "You have about 40 people ahead of you. At this pace, it will probably take another hour and a half for your turn."

"So slow," Chen Yimian sighed.

Although she had used the excuse of buying a gift for Zhou Yi to gain permission to go out, she had actually chosen the gift a week ago. With the long wait in the queue, she took the opportunity to slip away to the LEGO store on the second floor and make the purchase.

Lingjiang City was a developing small city, classified as a third or fourth-tier city. The LEGO store in the city was the only one available, resulting in a small queue at the checkout counter. The particular item Chen Yimian had chosen was only displayed on the shelf, and the store clerk apologized, explaining that they needed to fetch it from the warehouse. However, before reaching the warehouse, the clerk was called away by other customers.

Having waited for a few minutes without any sign of the clerk's return, Chen Yimian approached the nearby customer and whispered, "Sister, can you help me pack it and hold onto it for me? I'll come back later to pick it up. Would that be okay?"

"Sure, sure. Sorry, I'm a bit busy right now."

"Okay, I'll come to pick it up in about an hour."

Returning to the atrium on the first floor, Chen Yimian easily spotted Zhou Yi in the crowd. He stood out with his tall stature and distinctive appearance. His posture and facial expressions were extremely familiar to her. Even if she closed her eyes, she could vividly recreate his profile in her mind.

Approaching him, Chen Yimian deliberately lightened her steps and leaned over his shoulder to peek at his phone screen, trying to see what he was looking at.

"What are you looking at?"

Zhou Yi, unfazed by her sudden appearance, grabbed the back of her collar like a little chick and took a few steps back.

"I'm looking at the grade report for Class (3) from last semester."

"Where did you get the grade report?"