|𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 1|

Zacznij od początku

The taxi parked in front of the porch of the main building. Veer walked to the receptionist as Vidyut retreated to attend to a call.

"Hello, I'm Veer Saxena. We have an appointment with DR. Esha Srivastava for Vidyut Saxena."

"Please give me a minute sir," the receptionist smiled politely and checked through her records.

"Dr. Esha is attending a patient right now. Can you please wait for a few minutes? I'll inform her about your arrival."

Veer slightly nodded at her and settled on the nearby sofa in the waiting area and meanwhile, Vidyut walked back and forth on the front porch as he talked to his assistant on the call.

"Veer will be there to look after it, I'm..." he turned to walk towards the garden, but words seemed to have stuck in his throat, when his eyes landed on a familiar female figure walking towards him.
Her outfit included a white shirt with black trousers and hairs tied in a high ponytail. Her eyes were protected by silver rimmed spectacles.

Vidyut's world stopped at that moment. His fear of facing the past had come true. How much ever, he might have prepared himself to stay calm and composed at this place he wasn't at all prepared for this encounter. Something he wouldn't have even imagined in his wildest dreams.

This can't be real!

The phone slipped from his hands as the woman approached nearer and he received an even clearer image.
He opened and closed his mouth to catch his breath which had started to grow heavy. His legs suddenly felt weak and lifeless, and he stumbled but luckily caught the nearby pole balancing himself and preventing himself from falling.

"Ahh..." he cried in pain placing his hand over his chest near the heart, as he felt a sharp pain pinning in his heart, and his head felt on the verge of bursting.

Memories, words, times spent together, all started playing in his mind as snippets from a movie.

He snapped his head up to see and noticed the female figure was now just inches away from him. Her cotton soft hands grabbed his shoulders providing him extra support. He was a muscular 6"2 man and the woman stopped at just 5"5. Her hands could only stop him from landing on the ground harshly but not from falling entirely.

The echo of a feminine cry rang in his brain. Similar voice. Voice he hadn't heard ever since the universe decided to turn his heart silent as it had stopped thumping loudly years back.

He couldn't make out who the voice belonged to. The one who was in front of him holding him while he was slowly losing consciousness, or the one who he had lost while losing his consciousness four years back.
The surroundings started to blur and in a few seconds, Vidyut lost consciousness.

***

"The case looks severe ma'am," said the attendant as Esha and she exited the doctor's cabin where Vidyut still lay unconscious.

"Esha..." Veer called softly coming towards her. "How's Bhai?"

"Still unconscious, but he will gain back consciousness soon. He had a panic attack. Are they always this severe?"

"Sometimes yes but never had he had a nightmare and a panic attack on consecutive days. I wonder what might have triggered him here. In Delhi, I can still understand but..."