Chapter-10 Fear

Joshua pov:

In utter disbelief, that guy questioned, "Joshua Hyung?"

And it was Minghao who was there.

“uh-uh…Minghao…What are you doing here, exactly? I tried not to stutter as I questioned him, but I failed.

I was searching for a convincing falsehood to cover up his snarky "I could ask you the same" comment.

"I recall Jeonghan hyung...letting us know that you are staying at a friend's house”. He gave me the side-eye.

“Well, you see...He had to go elsewhere because of an emergency, I believe. While I was returning back to our home I saw Y/N walking down the street so I just talked to her and got carried away ... .that is why I'm here”.

I tried to seem as confident as I could, but I knew I had lied severely.

"You know you suck at lying, Hyung?" He gave me the 'I'm not dumb' look as he scanned my body. And I was certain that he would question me about this at some point.

“Can I ask what brought you here, Minghao oppa, if you don't mind?” I heard Y/N talking.

“Oh, I forgot about that”. He gave her a beautiful grin and added, "Actually, we all wanted you to come to our house so we could spend some time together”. I felt a little annoyed since he seemed to be trying to impress her.

“I'd love to join you guys, I'm sure. While I dress, you two can wait in the living room. Is that okay?” We both nodded in response to her question as she stared at us both.

She then returned to her room to change, and I went to retrieve my phone out of my pocket to keep myself occupied in the interim and to avoid answering any questions that Minghao might have sooner.

I didn't realise I was still wearing Y/N's clothes until just now, though. I hastened to the guest room to quickly change into the clothing I had on last night.

After changing for five minutes, I returned and saw Minghao giving me the 'you better explain everything' face. I simply nodded and informed him that we would discuss this in the mansion.

Y/N returned a short while later wearing a pair of perfectly fitting pants, a loose t-shirt, a white sneaker and her hair pulled back in a loose ponytail. She looked stunning even in basic clothing.

We all then made the decision to proceed to the mansion, and as we were all standing at the door, I noticed Y/N closing the door behind us. As Minghao and Y/N continued to talk and giggle about various topics as we headed to the mansion just next door, I followed them. That irritated me a lot. I was aware that Minghao was trying to provoke me on purpose, but I wasn't going to lose my cool over something so trivial.

We arrived at the mansion, and when I rang the bell, Mingyu cheerfully opened the door and walked past me to hug Y/N as tightly as he could, acting as though he hadn't just seen me.

Y/N pov:

When Mingyu tackled me and gave me a bear hug, I laughed out at how happy he was to see me. We all entered the house together, but Mingyu led the way to their kitchen while holding my hand.

"Why are we here?" I enquired him out of curiosity.

He gave me an adorable grin and said, "you will see," before moving towards the massive fridge in the corner and pulling out a container of something. It resembled a dessert in several ways.

He strolled up to where I was standing and grinned at me. He started to approach me, and I instinctively retreated with each step he took in my direction. My back hit the countertop at that point, and Mingyu was just close enough for me to see his hand reaching up behind me to open a cabinet over my head. He then pulled out a cute little dish before closing the door.