Chapter two: sold to the Fallen

Start from the beginning

Wrong.

Some creatures had been brave enough to see if these stories were real by challenging us. Unfortunately, they never lived to tell what they discovered.

The truth is, we're just as strong as vampires and werewolves. What makes us the most powerful, however?

Our leader, Lord Ries.

Zachary briefly looked back at me before he led me into the old lunch hall. Being stared at was nothing new to me. I had fully white eyes that only became a light grey color every now and then. My long hair reached my lower back, and it was a mix of black and dark grey.

I looked both scary and attractive, according to some females.

One thing that stood out to others the most was the huge scar that ran down from the corner of my lip to my neck. That was the most others could see, but it was bigger than that.

"Forgive me for asking, but I do not know your name, and I'm sure you've been here before..." Zachary said to me.

I growled, making the vampire jump back. His eyes were as wide as saucers.

I scoffed, crossing his arms. "You vampires don't have a single brave bone in your body. God be thanked that I did not end up as one of you."

Zachary did not utter a single word, though he was seething with rage. He, along with every other supernatural, hated us as much as they feared us.

Taking a deep breath, the Handler forced a smile. "I'm sorry that my kind repulses you, but I assure you that I am brave... Perhaps even more than some of your kind."

"You know nothing of my kind." I clicked my tongue, staring down at Zachary with a face full of displeasure.

"And you know nothing of mine, so let us respect one another."

The Handler bit his lip in anticipation when he did not receive an answer from me, probably thinking that perhaps he had made a mistake. I closed my eyes, a humorless chuckle erupting from me. "Orion," I said, looking back at the vampire.

"Orion?"

"That is my name."

He hummed, and we finally reached the lunch hall.

"So as you can see, uh... Orion, we have hundreds of stunning girls that your Lord can only dream of having." Zachary said as we walked in. I looked around, taking a moment to stare at all of the humans kneeling on the floor.

"They aren't bad." I mumbled, mentally counting the humans in the room. There was around one hundred and fifty.

"As I've mentioned before, she must be well-behaved. The last thing he needs is a troublesome pet."

Zachary lifted the head of a human kneeling in front of him, "This is Florence. She has very lovely breasts, and it's great to lay your head on." She had blonde straight hair, and when she looked up at me, I noticed her green eyes.

Not very pretty, though, wasn't she?

"The breasts are lovely... But perhaps there is one with a prettier face?"

Zachary nodded, "Of course! Please, follow me."

The vampire handler spent nearly an hour, showcasing tens of girls, but I wasn't pleased. It was like I was picking one for myself, if anything, and I wasn't going to pay for a pet I didn't find the least bit attractive.

"Perhaps we should go over this one last time... What exactly is Lord Ries looking for?" Zachary said, clearly defeated.

Maybe I was the picky one all along.

"I hope you don't think I'll repeat myself." I told him.

"Well, we've been doing this for an hour at most. I have many clients to meet and deliveries to make."

"They won't pay as much as I will."

Zachary huffed in annoyance. "Listen, you won't find human girls anywhere else. Whether they are for feeding on, breeding with males or pleasure. This is the place. If you don't pick one now, I'm moving onto the next horny or hungry creature."

I blew out a breath and looked around one last time, my eyes landing on a messy bundle of brown hair. I did not see that one.

Allowing my feet to carry me, I walked over to her, grabbing a fistful of her hair and lifting her head. She was filthy... But they all were.

The woman gasped when she saw met my eyes, and I could see the fear that formed in hers.

She'll have to do.

"This one." I only said, and Zachary nearly fell from how fast he reached for her. He probably wanted to take my money before I changed my mind.

He roughly pulled her up, and I frowned. "Be careful, I won't take her if she becomes bruised or injured."

"That will be ten thousand dollars." Zachary pressed.

I clicked my tongue and threw a small bag at him, probably containing triple than the actual cost. "Keep the change. You look like you need it."

The Handler glared at me as he shoved the girl to me. She tried getting away from me, but I grabbed her arm before she could. When she started screaming, I almost lost my mind.

Zachary walked over to me with a syringe with a liquid in it. "Just to make like easier for you." He said, injecting her arm with it. After a few seconds, she was out cold, so I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder.

"Also, her name is Laelynn."

That's was the last thing I heard before leaving the building.

Hopefully, for the last time.

Hope you enjoyed
Vote| Comment |Share