Tara:
the crime is punishable by death

Nick:
you are very pretty venus

Venus:
I know
I love this groupchat
#lovemyfans

~~~

Venus, unfortunately, would not be able to join her friends on the group date. Shawn's dad's birthday fell on the same day as the concert and the two were going out for dinner to celebrate. Obviously, Venus couldn't really get mad at that but she was disappointed to miss out. She really did want some milkshakes but the idea of seventh wheeling made it a pretty clear choice; she would not be joining the group.

She found herself in the music room, sad to be missing out being with her friends. She supposed it was a good thing as seeing Nick and Charlie together might make her feel a bit upset. But then again, she could really go for a banana split from the milkshake truck.

The brunette was sat at the piano, some sheet music in front of her, pressing the keys gently. She thought about her songs and the amount of time she spent in the school music room just so she could use the piano. It definitely did add to her songs but she really wished she had her own.

She began to play a song, one she wrote recently, the familiar tune coming to her easily. It was one of her favourites that she wrote and always made her think of Nick. If he ever heard her playing it, he would know she was thinking of him.

As Nick knew the concert would be starting soon, he decided to go find Venus as she wasn't sitting in the audience. Charlie gave him the tip of checking the music room as there was a piano in there and he had been absolutely right. Nick's ears perked up as he heard a piano tune, following it to the music room where he found Venus playing the notes to herself.

"I wish it was two weeks ago
In your room that night, I wish I'd known
When you held me tight, wish I hadn't let go
And I wish it was two weeks ago
I wish we kissed when we first wanted
And we didn't miss all the time we did
When we said goodbye, wish I hadn't let go
And I wish it was two weeks ago"

Nick frowned as he listened to her voice. He liked hearing her sing and he had a feeling that she was thinking of him when singing this song, which only made him feel sad. He had felt glad when she said her and Shawn wouldn't make the date, knowing that he would likely get a little jealous, but hearing her words made him feel worse. He was only hurting her.

"You were driving fast, I was holding back
Could've loved you, babe, but I bet you knew that
The song was true and the sky was black
God, I wish it was two weeks ago
When you said we're like a mom and dad
Could've loved me, babe, and you told me that
And the song was true and the sky was black
God, I wish it was two weeks ago, woah
I wish it was two weeks ago, woah"

Nick waited for the piano to fade, confused when he heard her begin to hum. He moved into the room and took the seat beside her. Venus glanced over at him but didn't stop playing. He nodded to her, letting her know he wanted to hear the rest. The tune slowed down and Venus began playing the keys quieter as her voice lowered.

"I was yours so fast, I was scared so bad
Could've loved you, babe, did I tell you that?
The song was true, now it's all I have
And I wish it was two weeks ago
And, when you said we're like a mom and dad
Could've loved me, babe, and you told me that
Now this song's for you, and it's all we have
And I wish it was two weeks ago."

Venus moved her hands away from the piano as Nick stared at her sadly, "Hi."

"Hi," Venus said shyly.

"I, uh, got you a banana split," he told her, handing her a box. "I figured you would want this more than a milkshake so I got it for you."