"No," Isaac shook his head, "Venus is my favourite. Everyone knows that."

"What the fuck is your problem, Tao? You're being a bad friend to Charlie and now you're being a bad friend to me," Venus snapped.

"You don't think there's something wrong with your and Charlie's new friendship with the people who are exactly like the people that bullied him last year?" Tao questioned, "Remember that? How you beat up those boys because they hurt Charlie. Where's that energy now, Venus?"

"That was literally the worst moment of my life and you know that, Tao," Venus stared at him, a hurt expression on her face, "How could you say I'm not a good friend anymore when you won't give our friends a fucking chance?"

"Oi, catch."

The next thing they knew, a ball came flying at the table and hit Venus in the back of the head. Her eyes darkened, Tao and Isaac quick to get up and back away from the girl, fearful of what she would do. Some of the boys ceased their laughter, knowing that Venus was not the girl you wanted to mess with.

"What the fuck is your problem?" Venus glared at Harry, slamming her hands on the table as she stood up.

"It was an accident, calm down," Harry smirked, glancing at his friends.

"You're a fucking cunt, Harry," Venus pushed him hard, watching him stumble back.

"Venus, don't," Tao grabbed her arm, "He's not worth it."

Venus shoved his hand off of her, her gaze set on Harry. He was annoyed now, seeing as she had pushed him over in front of his friends. He knew he couldn't hit her, especially since what she did to those boys last year. They had been on the rugby team and still stood no chance against her. He didn't want to be on the receiving end of her violence.

"Whatever," Harry muttered, "Stupid bitch."

Venus went to move but Nick stepped in front of her, grabbing her before she could do something stupid. He grabbed her forearms, doing his best to be gentle while still keeping her away. She didn't struggle under his hold, the boy looking down at her with a frown. This was the closest he had gotten to her all week and he hated that. He wanted to talk to her, to be with her, so see her. But she was avoiding him and he couldn't do anything about it.

Harry and his friends walked away, Venus glaring at them over Nick's shoulder. Once she calmed herself down, she closed her eyes and sucked in a breath, clenching her hands into fists and feeling her nails pierce her skin. Nick's hand had moved from her forearms down to her hands, leaning down to look at her carefully.

"Venus," he began, "Are you okay?"

"Don't," she snapped.

"Let me bandage your hands," he told her, seeing the blood pool from them already.

"Get off of me!" She shoved Nick off of her. He stared at her, clearly hurt by her harsh words. She looked regretful for a moment, wanting to apologise but she just couldn't bring herself to do it. Not after anything. She tore her eyes away from the boy, grabbing her things and storming away from everyone.

God, she hated boys.

~~~

Venus put her headphones into her ears, letting sad Taylor Swift music play loudly. She was lying in bed, doing her best to avoid thinking about everything. It was a big fail though, the girl unable to get her mind off Nick and her feelings for him.

Whenever she thought about him, she just felt angry and annoyed. She was hurt. But the minute she tried to write it down into a song, she pretty much could only find good things to say about him and her feelings. It was annoying, especially since everyone would think the song was about someone else.