Chapter 2.5 - Interlude

Part 1

"Boys, what were you thinking making a rollercoaster?" Asked Linda, though her tone lacked the strictness that was displayed earlier. This time, it was one out of genuine curiosity. 

Phineas and Ferb glanced at each other nervously, before giving an explanation.

"Well... we're always about seizing the day; never wasting any opportunity. We like to go big, and we thought: "what better way to start the summer, than with a rollercoaster?". "

"And you never gave a second thought that what you could've been doing was dangerous?"

Phineas scratching the back of his ear as he explained. "W-we did. I don't know why, but the show just wasn't showing any of our safety precautions."

Linda sighed. "Did you even conduct a test run? What happens if something goes horribly wrong?"

"W-well... no... But we thought took everything into account."

"Clearly not everything." Mumbled Candace, jokingly, though Linda mistook her satire as serious.

"Yes, like Candace said.  You guys even went off track. Literally!

"We didn't know the rollercoaster was gonna get picked up by that helicopter." Phineas argued.

It was then that their friends interjected.

"To be fair, no one probably expected that. You can't be blamed for not taking that into account." Isabella defended.

"How was that even possible? The helicopter should have snapped when it picked up the rollercoaster!" Baljeet ranted, annoyed at how illogical the whole ordeal was.

"Like you said. The Phineas and Ferb Effect." Holly reminded him.

"What even is this whole Phineas and Ferb Effect anyway?" Asked Lawrence, curious.

Baljeet then provided him the same explanation he gave during the plant invasion.

"To sum it all up, Phineas and Ferb are like walking goodluck charms. Almost everything works out for them, which is probably why Candace has so much trouble busting them."

Candace scoffed. "Ain't that right."

"And you actually believe that?" Asked Vanessa, surprised that Baljeet out of everyone would believe in something so abstract.

"I would not have if I have not seen it for myself." He said with a shrug.

"Okay..." Linda said. "Back to the matter at hand. Let's say this "Phineas and Ferb Effect" actually is real. What happens should it not work out? Would you take responsibility for any harm coming to your friends?"

"W-well, yes." Phineas stammered.

"And you don't see the problem in any of that?"

"W-well, we don't r-really build things with the intent of harming anyone."

Linda sighed. "That's not the point. Regardless of intent or not, you two build contraptions with almost no regard for anyone's safety. What happens if someone does get hurt unintentionally?" 

Phineas and Ferb tried to recall any instances of that happening, but Linda beat them to it.

"I've already heard plenty from Candace... well, she also gave me a summary in song, but I digress. There is potential danger in what you do, but you don't seem to see any of it. It's like you boys have no sense of danger whatsoever."

Both brothers glance at each other nervously. They never really gave much thought to the danger, simply because everything seems to work out for them.

"So..." Jeremy said. "What happens now?"