𝐠𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩

Your eyes fluttered shut, a wave of resistance coming over you, no. You can't sleep, you have to finish this final. It was worth 30% of your grade but you kept putting it off since you were just...not interested. But since it was worth so much you couldn't just not do it, all though you seriously considered it.

You took another drink of the strong coffee beside you, Conan's soft breaths coming from the messy bed. You hoped he didn't wake up, he'd definitely make you go back to sleep. The soft clicks of your keyboard were the only other thing you heard, the occasional notification on your phone going off as well.

You had only made a small amount of progress, just 3 paragraphs into your 4-page essay. You knew you could do it, but you didn't want to. And now you're here. Instead of sleeping peacefully with your boyfriend by your side, you're typing away at a screen that made your eyes burn.

You heard small groans, Conan's shadow popping up, making you turn around. "Y/n, what are you doing up?" He rubbed his eyes, hair messy and voice still groggy. "My final, go to bed, baby" his eyes took some time to adjust to the dim light, standing up slowly and going up to you. "Come back to bed" You shook your head, a sigh coming from your lips.

You wanted to sleep, but you didn't wanna risk the two-letter grade drop just because of one missing assignment. "I'll finish it for you, you have class really early tomorrow" he sat on the stool next to you, you smiled up at him, shaking your head. "You don't have to do it for me Cone, I swear I'll be fine. You act like you don't stay up for hours finishing songs" And just like he is doing right now, you make him go to sleep anyways.

"Can't you just ask for an extension?" You looked at the time, seeing the date from the corner of your eye. Shit, it's due tomorrow. You had a whole day to finish the rest, Conan's eyes looking down at yours filled with questions. "You know what, it's due tomorrow" he rolled his eyes, a smile on his lips as he took you over to the bed, hands on your waist as you got into your preferred cuddling position.

His arms were wrapped around you, your lips kissing his collarbone as he scratched your back lightly. "You shouldn't push yourself so hard, Y/n" you shrugged, this is what you always wanted as a little kid, and you knew you had to work hard for it.

"I know...I just need to make myself proud, I shouldn't have put the essay off for so long" Your words dragged out against his skin, his head resting gently on yours. "I know you can finish that in like an hour tomorrow, you'll be fine" his words gave you comfort, letting you fall asleep against his chest.

A/n: my first published Drabble! I usually abandon one shots cause I don't feel like finishing them but with drabble's, I can quickly write something up for y'all! :)