𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫

Athena's POV

He's gone, again. Straight from work to hang out with friends. Olivia and all of them. I'm not close with them so obviously, I never get invited. He doesn't even ask me if I want to go...It's happened more than a couple of times, it's getting on my nerves.

I sat on the couch as I heard the door open. I'm gonna be difficult, plus he deserves it. "Hi babe, how was work?" I stayed silent, picking myself up and heading to bed. I decided not to lock the door. I'm not that cruel.

I turned on the tv, cuddling into the blankets, my hair hiding my face. "Athena...you okay?" He knocked at the door, I didn't respond. After an hour of laying in bed, unable to sleep. I heard Conan finally coming up the stairs. "Athena" "what?" "So you are awake" "how was Olivia's? Probably good since you were there for 3 hours" I turned my back to face him as he slid into bed next to me.

"Yea...it was good" "I bet it was, maybe you should move in with her." "are you okay? What is going on with you?" "I could ask you the same thing" he let out a tired sigh, I could feel the eye roll from here.

"Are you jealous? we celebrated 2 years of her song or whatever...it would've been wrong for me to not go" "oh yea?" "Yea..." I took a deep breath before I went off on him. "What about the past 3 times you went? What, do you go to see someone or what?"

"Athena, I would never do that to you" he sighed. "Then why are you always gone?" The room fell silent, "Well, okay I guess" I climbed over him, getting off the bed before he took my wrist into his hand. "Sit" "maybe you can tell me what to do when you're not constantly gone"

I walked out of the room, Conan chasing me with apologies behind me. When he has a good excuse maybe I'll listen. I packed up a little night bag, I'm not dealing with him right now. I'm going to Billie's...
"Please listen to me...where are you going" "I'm going to Olivia's, I'll come back when I feel like it" "Athena please" his voice cracked making my heart hurt. He's made me cry enough, he can have a little sob.

Wow, I'm kinda toxic. I walked out to the car, at least he didn't try to stop me. I just need to be away from him for a bit. I ended up crashing at Billie's, explaining everything to her before falling asleep not long after.

"Thanks for letting me stay, I just needed a break" she brushed it off, telling me to drive home safe and all that Billie talk. I felt...bad. I had never left Conan alone at the house. Ever. It's usually him that isn't home.

As I pulled into the parking lot I felt my heart sink. I have to confront him and talk about what's bothering me. I can't do that. I've never been able to. Maybe it's the generational trauma that will never break. My parents were the ones that convinced me apologies aren't necessary when they are.

I jammed my key in the door, turning it open. The house was dark, gloomy. There was an empty bottle of wine on the floor... he was not okay. I can't help but put the blame on myself for all of this. But the going out thing has been happening for months. I need to talk to him...ugh, I don't want to.

I cleaned up the mess in the living room, going upstairs to our room. Wow, I fucked him up really bad... "Conan? you okay?" He turned to face me. His face was red, eyes puffy and glistening. He had been crying. "Why'd you leave?" He whispered. I'm such a bad person... "I'm sorry, I am. I should've handled it better" "why were you mad?"

I took my time to explain and apologize. Something I should've done from the start. I'm not going to blame myself, because I'm always kind of quiet about my emotions. But this was wrong. He knows he was too, and we're gonna work on ourselves, we want to be the best version of ourselves.

Living and loving Conan has taught me so many things. One that I love him, but 2 that some things aren't worth fighting over. It's better to have a civilized conversation about what's bothering us. I don't want to take him for granted, he's the best thing that's probably ever happened to me. And I hope he knows that.

A/n:
Short little chapter! This was requested by UmbrellaXacadmey24 !!! Hope you like it! A reminder that I'm pretty much always taking one-shot requests!!

Word count: 810