Chapter Two - Dr Sarah Thompson

Start from the beginning

"You tried to end your life, again Ronan, you need help".

A black cat jumped up on his desk, no doubt wanting attention. Ronan stroked her, trying to gather the words to reply. The cat just sat there, her tail moving back and forth. with her golden eyes staring up at him. Ronan closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"I do not want to talk about this Finn. There are more important things at hand"

He looked back up at the notes stuck all over the wall. There were photos of his family, old cases he had that may be linked, and messy handwriting of notes. He was stuck. He has his enemies... Sure, he's arrested a lot of bad people in his years in the police, but he had no way to figure out who would, in their mind want to do something like this.

"Like what? Finding this guy? Ronan you've been working on this for months-"

"They killed my family Finn! What do you expect me to do!?"

Finn sighed. There was no getting him out of this.

"Have you spoken to your therapist recently?"

The atmosphere in the air was thick, and Ronan was starting to lose patience.

"No Finn, I don't want to sit in a room and talk about my feelings to a person I barely know"

"But-"

"You should go, Finn, I need to feed Luna and get back to work".

His voice was cold, stern even. It was something Finn had never heard before. He hates it and wishes he could help, but instead, he gets pushed away. Instead of taking the conversation further, he grabbed his coat and made his way to the door.

"I'm calling your therapist and making an appointment. If you do not want to talk to me, then talk to her."

He opened the door and was about to leave before Ronan spoke.

"Congratulations on the baby Finn, send my wishes to Lisa."

Finn's heart broke at the sound of his brother's voice. He knew he meant it but couldn't help but feel bad.

"How did you know?"

Ronan chuckled

"I'm a detective little brother. Get some sleep"

"Thanks, Ronan, please call me when you can".

Ronan heard the footsteps leaving and the sound of the door closing, before he headed to the kitchen, Luna following behind him.

___

Hours went by and Ronan never left his room. He received calls and notifications from his brother, friends, and his therapist but decided not to reply, he had work to do. The apartment was quiet, the only sound being heard was Luna playing with her toys.

The same loop went on for hours until there was a knock at the door.

Ronan tightened his fists and took in a breath of anger. He already knew who it was and refused to answer.

"Mr Flynn I know you're in there. We have an appointment".

He stayed silent and took a sip from his coffee. He did not need this right now.

"Mr. Flynn, if you do not answer the door, I will have no choice but to call the police for your safety as I have heard about your recent incident from your brother, and I doubt you would want that".

Ronan gritted his teeth in anger before making his way to the door. He kept his hand on the door handle for a couple of seconds before swinging the door open.