Chapter 28 ~ Auspicious

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Don't make that face at me," he pleaded. I chuckled, mostly because I knew how hard it was for him to restrain himself.

"That's just like saying 'stop being irresistible', and that's difficult," I teased, a smirk started to twitch on my lips. "Anyways, since you are so adamant about not telling me where we are going. Can I at least ask questions? And you have to answer truthfully."

"Okay," he agreed.

"Is it somewhere hot or cold?"

"Hot."

"So I'm guessing it's somewhere remote? Due to obvious reasons."

"Yep, that's right?"

"Bahamas?"

"Nope."

"Caribbean?"

"Nope."

"Africa?"

"Nope."

"Jamaica?"

"Nope."

"Brazil?"

"Nope."

I raked my brain in search of another hot place, the limited world geography I had stored in my mind didn't help. "Is it an island?"

"Yes," he accepted.

"Easter Island?"

"You know that's one of the most deserted places on Earth, I think. I don't think any plane would land there."

The look on Max's face indicated he was waiting for me to guess again, but the more I guessed, the more I wanted it to be kept a surprise. "I think we should keep it as a surprise," I mused.

"I don't think you would've guessed right anyway," he replied, smirking slightly. I rolled my eyes at him, even though his words made me more curious.

"Har har. Well now we've established that I can't guess it, I'm going to sleep. Goodnight Maxie," I said, an expected yawn following my words. I clipped my belt off since the aircraft was in the air and pecked Max on the mouth before wrap my arms around him to snuggle myself.

"Goodnight Amelia."

*

It didn't take too long until we arrived, maybe because as soon as I slept it felt like two minutes later - as opposed of it actually being a 6 hour flight - before I heard the telltale sound of a bell indicating that the plane had landed. It had awoken me but not Max so after a few minutes of prodding his cheek he woke up and collecting our hand language, off we went. It was dark outside so I didn't know if it was late night or early morning until I looked at one of the clocks. It was the early morning.

After collecting luggage and leaving the airport we travelled via taxi to a docking station. It occurred than that I was on an island and we must've been waiting to travel to another island and there was a clear sign saying 'Maldives' pretty much exposing where I was.

Why hadn't I thought of here?

A smiley, tanned guy approached us, he was going to take us to 'our' island by speed boat which was only 15 minutes away.

It was then Max had explained that he had rented us one of the small holiday islands for ourselves for the honeymoon. The tanned guy who took us - called Simon - talked to us about being allowed to use one of the boats to travel to one of the neighboring islands were festivities were going on throughout the day.

We soon reached our island. The man wished us a happy honeymoon before we thanked him for the boat ride, keys for the cottage and boats, and offers.