Chapter 27 (Off Duty)

I still couldn't believe Keenan punk ass set me up. In the beginning I thought he did but I believed him when he said he didn't. I was so pissed off, I wanted to kill him instead of setting him up. I needed to take my mind off this shit, so I went to have a few drinks with Jordan. I had to catch him up on what's going on. Hey boo! Hey you look cute, Jordan said. Why thank you! What's been going on? A lot! Fill me in, Jordan said.

    Well you know I suppose to set Keenan up and stuff. Which you don't need to do, carry on. Anyway, Jayden got some detectives helping me with the step up. I gotta random text that Keenan was gunned down. I was thinking it wasn't no way we could set him up now. I went to the hospital to see him and he asked me to help his business until he gets out. What? Yeah that's what I was thinking. I agreed to do it. See that's why you got locked up the first time. I know but let me finish. I met up with the detectives and told them what's going on. I asked them could we still set him up. To make a long story short, they going to wire me to record all conversations I have with Keenan and his sellers. I went to the hospital today to see him when this fool admitted to setting me up. WHAT! Yes, he looked me in my eyes and said he set me up. Girllll! Jordan I was so pissed I can't even explain it. That was the evidence you needed right? Yeah, but they didn't put the wire on me yet. When they wire me, ill have to get him to say it again. I'm just ready to get this over with shit. Enough about Keenan punk ass, tell me more about you and Jayden.

     Well things are going good between us. He planned a trip to Mexico. Really? Yep, but we didn't go. Why not? I told him about Lakendra and he suggested we wait to take the trip. I told him the trip is what I needed to ease my mind. A trip to Mexico tho? That's a trip you can't pass up on. I tried to talk him into still going. I'm enjoying spending time with him; he is so amazing. With him being a boxer, he not there as much. It's normally just me and his 2 bodyguards in this big ass house. Half of the time I forget they there with me. What the sex like? Bomb.com! We only had sex once tho. That's it? Yeah, he knows with the death of Lakendra, I haven't been in the mood to do anything lately. Especially with the pressure of setting Keenan up. You told him how dangerous he is? Yep, I told him and the detectives. If he figures out I set him up again, he going to kill me without a doubt. I say don't do this, just leave it alone. Jordan, I told you I have to do this. I already made the deal with the judge and it's a lot on the line. I can't back in right now. Well once it's done, I want you to go far away. Go far away so Keenan won't find you. I planned on doing that anyway. I'll call you later, I gotta client waiting on me. Ok boo. Crystal be careful please.

     My mind was all over the place. I'm scared as hell Keenan going to figure out what's going on. Keenan a smart man and don't nothing get past him. I was so drained from thinking about this shit, I went back to Jayden house and made me a drink. Crystal you ok, Pacman asked? Yeah, just got a lot going through my head. Well I might as well join you, Pacman said as he made him a drink. You wanna talk about it? Not really, im so drained from this shit. If you wanna talk about it, im here. Where Jayden? He went to visit his daughter. I hate he going through that shit with his ex. Yeah, me too, I hate women like that. Jayden a good dude, he'll do anything for his daughter. It's fucked up she doing him like that. So what your mama was like, Pacman asked?

    She was the sweetest woman you'll ever meet. She was so strong and independent. She basically raised me and my best friend. Where did things go wrong? Her and my dad was having some problems. He wasn't coming home, other women was calling the house looking for him, he got other woman pregnant, and he got sick. I would lay with my mama at night and wipe her tears away. One day I heard them arguing in their room about another woman. Things got quiet for a second, then I heard my mama screaming. I peeked out my room and saw him stabbing her. He saw me looking so he charged at me. I slammed my door, locked it, and put a chair behind it. A few mins later, I heard him leave. I ran down the hallway to my mama. I held her in my arms while she struggled to breath. I didn't wanna leave her side to get the phone to call for help. I told her I was going to get the phone, but she told me not to. With her last few breaths, she managed to sing this song to me that we use to sing all the time. Shortly after that, she died in my arms. Damn, im sorry to hear that. What made him snap like that?

     I don't know, it was a normal argument. When women use to call the house looking for him, my mama never said anything. Women would call, cuss my mama out, and threaten her. She never got mad, never yelled, never said anything to him. Even when he got another woman pregnant during their marriage, she didn't say anything. When he got sick and was in the hospital for 4 months, she was right there. Did they catch him? Nope, he left town and was never caught. I hate when people get away with murder. That was the most painful time of my life. I couldn't even stay in the house no more. I kept having dreams that my mama was standing in the hallway. Wow! Yeah, she kept saying "crystal save me! stop your father from hurting me". After months of dealing with that, I finally moved out.

     So, you was staying there by yourself? Yeah for like 5 months. Why? I just wanted to be alone. My mama had over $100,000 saved up so I used that to keep the bills paid. Night after night, I had the same dream. Weren't you afraid your daddy was going to come back? Surprisingly I wasn't. I didn't mind living there alone; it was just the dreams. I felt a real connection with Pacman for some reason. Where you go when you moved out? I moved in with my best friend and her mama. Her mama passed away later from cancer. Damn, you just been through a lot. I really have but it only made me stronger. 

    Out of nowhere, Pacman kissed me. What are you doing? I'm sorry, I just got caught up in the moment. I felt something between us, and I just acted on it. Let's not mentioned this to Jayden. When Jayden coming back? He said in a few days. In my head I was thinking, I didn't wanna be left alone around Pacman for a few days. That kissed did feel good tho. We sat at the bar knocking back drinks. I have to admit; I was enjoying taking my mind off everything that was going on. I'm not mad at Pacman for kissing me because I felt the connection too. I just wasn't expecting it or expecting it to be that good. Where Slim? He went with Jayden; he don't like to travel without at least one of us. He wanted one of us to stay here with you.