Chapter 11 (On The Run)

I called my acquaintance and told him to bring me the money. This fool done spent the money already. Now I gotta figure out how to get this mane money before Keenan tries to kill me. I thought about asking Karter for the money but that's a lot of money to be asking for. I'll feel weird asking him for $2,000 and we haven't even fucked yet. I gotta think of something quick. While I figure something out, im going to try to stay gone as much as possible just in case Keenan come back. I texted Lakendra and told her to meet up with me. I had to tell her about what's going on just in case something happens. 

   Hey girl, what's up? Kendra I need to talk to you, I said with a serious look on my face. What's up? I know who robbed Keenan. Who? I can't really say who but I know why this person did it. Why? Because I told him too. WHAT! CRYSTAL ARE YOU CRAZY! I didn't know he was going to shoot him. Why would you set him up like that? He came over my house the other day talking crazy to me. He gave me some bullshit apology and then said something about my mama. WHAT? Yes, I don't remember what he said but I just know it pissed me off. So in return, I asked some people to rob him to get back at him. Him getting shot wasn't part of the plan.

  Keenan broke into my house. You lying? No, I walked in with my gun in my hand and he grabbed me from behind. He know im the one that set him up. How he know it was you? Because im the only person that knows his drop spot. I know a lot about his business and I even helped him a few times. Crystal you can't be serious? He was telling me to get his money back and stuff. Then he slapped me. WHAT! My gun was behind him so I couldn't get to it. So, I got my knife out my purse and stabbed him where he got shot at. I told him not to come back to my house and I would get him his money back. Here is the fucked-up part, I can't get his money back. Why not? It's already gone, I said. Damn, so what you going to do? I gotta try to get his money back. How much did he take? $2,000. And he spent all of it in a day? That's what I said. I gotta figure out how to get this money before he comes back and I know he will.

  I was real deal freaking out about getting this money. One thing I know about Keenan is, he don't play about his money. I've seen him do some fucked up shit to people who owed him money. One time we was riding around and doing a little drop. This guy tried to short Keenan and he wasn't having it. He lost his mind when he noticed the guy tried to get over on him. He beat the guy to death with a car pipe. It was scary witnessing it and scary seeing Keenan like that. I never saw him that pissed before. I don't wanna know what he'll do over losing $2,000. Since he know I set him up, he not going after who did it. He going after me first and then who did it.

   So, what you going to do? I'll just be on the run until I get the money. How far you think you can run with no money? Shit I don't know, I just know I gotta stay out of sight until I get the money. You know he going to come after me just to get to you. Just say you haven't heard from me or seen me. That won't work, he knows how close we are. I'll figure this out before it get too far. I'll help you if I can, Lakendra said. I don't want you getting involved in this. Damn all of that, if he can't get to you he coming after me. Lakendra was right, I know Keenan would come after her if I don't get him this money. I been blowing a lot of money lately so im low on money right now. I just gotta do what I can to get this money and hopefully I can get it quick.  I stopped at my friend Jordan house to let him know what's going on. Jordan my hairstylist and he cool as shit. I know he'll help me figure out something.

   Hey booboo! Hey Crystal! Girl why you ain't call me before you came? I was just in the area and thought ill swing by. What you up too? Got a client downstairs, she getting on my nerves. Everybody get on your nerves, I said. I know right, what's wrong? I'm getting a weird vibe from you. You can finish your client; we can talk later. You can go chill in the lounge room, ill be in there soon as im done. Jordan had this nice ass house, and everybody loves being here. Jordan gotta loan from a bank to open a salon but he decided not to at the last minute. So instead of him giving the money back, he just bought a bomb ass house with a salon downstairs. I was in the lounge room playing pool when Jordan came in. Now, what's going on?

   You know I been messing around with Keenan, right? Oh lord, what happened? To make a long story short, things went left between us and now I gotta come up with $2,000. For what? He pissed me off, so I had some people to rob him. They took all the money and drugs he had on him and then they shot him. Girllll! I told you a long time ago, leave that mane alone. The fucked up part is, he know I set him up. Now I gotta get his money back before things really go left. Do you not understand, you started a war with the #1 drug dealer in New York? The fact y'all been messing around, you know everything about his business, and he know you set him up. Yeah, shit about to go beyond left right now. Jordan I really don't know what to do. I've seen him do some fucked up shit over his business and it ain't no way I can fix this.

   I'm not trying to make shit worst but Crystal this mane is not about to let this go. Even if you give him his money back, he still going to want revenge. When you give him that money, you need to get out of town. I don't have way to get him his money back. The people that robbed him spent it already. How the fuck they spend $2,000 in one day? It's a lot easier than you think, trust me. I done spent more than that in a day. Look, im going to make a few calls and see what I can do. First, how far would you go to get this money? Jordan ill do what it takes to get this money. I know if I don't, Keenan will kill me. Try not to stress it and ill see what I can do. I'll call you when I get something, Jordan said.  After I left Jordan house, I didn't know where to go hell. Keenan know all my hangout spots, so I was just driving around for hours.

  I gotta text from Jordan saying, "meet this guy at 1466 Pebblestone Ave. you said you'll do whatever it takes to get the money so here you go. call me when you done". I have no idea on what im about to get myself into. If it's going to get me this money, then im down for whatever.