Chapter 17 (The Drop)

I was headed to the address Keenan gave me to make the drop. I was nervous as hell, but Keenan said he got somebody protecting me. I kept thinking, what if something goes wrong. I watch this kind of shit in movies all the time. Something always go wrong, and the innocent ones always have to pay for it. I hope shit don't go wrong the one time I make a drop without him. I made it to the address and my heart started beating even faster. I wonder who Keenan got protecting me and is they following me. I swear if some shit go wrong and something happen to me, that's Keenan ass.

   There I was, standing at the door with a bag full in drugs in my hand. I can't believe I was really doing this right now. I must really love Keenan ass because this some shit I won't do. 38 black AK o2, I said while looking into the camera. I wasn't sure if they heard me or not because they didn't buzz me in. So, I said it again but louder this time. A few seconds later, they buzzed me in. I slowly walked in thinking, it's too late to turn around. When I walked in, I noticed Keenan didn't tell me where to go when I walked in. I was just standing there, looking crazy. Fuck I can't do this, I said as tried to walk back out the door. I couldn't go out the door because it was locked.

   If you here to see Black go down the hall, down the stairs, and make a left. I stood there looking around trying to figure out who said that. Go down the hall, down the stairs, and make a left, I heard someone on an intercom say. I couldn't go back out so I might as well get this over with. He said down the hall, down the stairs, and make a left. Either his ass don't know his left from right or I didn't hear him right. I went down the hall, down the stairs, and I made a left. I'm standing here looking at a black wall. I tried to call Keenan, but I didn't have a signal. I had absolutely no idea on what I suppose to do now.

   I figured if I keep walking, ill hear something. Like music, people talking, dogs barking, shit anything. I walked up and down the hall for 10 mins, and I didn't hear a damn thing. I just said fuck it and screamed in the hallway. I couldn't hear nobody so im going to make sure somebody hear me. HELLO! CAN ANYBODY HEAR ME? You know what, fuck this. I'm getting my ass out of here! I started walking fast as hell to the exit trying to get the hell out of here. I'll just tell Keenan he didn't want the drop no more. I was almost at the door when I heard, go down the hall, down the stairs, and make a left. I just did that shit, I yelled! Mane Keenan gotta give me extra for this shit. Again, I went down the hall, down the stairs, and made a left. The first time I did that shit, I was looking at a black wall. Now im looking at a white wall.

   Mane what the fuck! What kind of games y'all playing, I yelled again! I kicked the garbage can that was by the wall and the wall opened. What kind of shit is this? Once the wall opened, I saw a room full of men. Password, a big man said. 38 black AK o2. Let me make sure you ain't strapped or wired, he said as he searched me. You kind of cute, he said. Follow me this way. Y'all don't understand how nervous my ass was. I was nervous and tied from carrying this heavy ass bag down these long ass hallways. You have a guest, the man said. How can I help you?

   I'm here to see Black, I have something for him. Well im Black, what you got for me? I put the bag by my foot and unzipped it just enough for him to see in it like Keenan told me to do. So, you Keenan business partner? Yeah, I am. Can you take out some of the product so I can examine it? Keenan didn't tell me to take none out. I'm not sure if that's a good idea. I wanna make sure im getting what im paying for. It only made sense for me to let him examine one. I took one out and handed it to him. He sat on his desk while examining it. So how long you been working with Keenan? For a few months, I said. You make drops for him often? Yeah but normally with him. This the first time im doing it without him. Something didn't seem right, why he asking so many questions? Keenan said all I had to do was make the drop, get the money, and that's it. He didn't say nothing about answering questions and shit. I'm starting to get a real bad feeling about this.

   What's your name? It's not important, I said. Crystal. right? How you know that's my name? Well you do have on a necklace that's says Crystal. Yeah some shit ain't right, im getting the fuck out of here. So, are we done here? Yeah, I think we just about done. He signaled one of them big men to get the money. This gentleman will carry the bag out for you. As we was heading to the door, I realized he didn't put the money on the scale like Keenan said he would. Wait, you didn't put the money on the scale. How I know if you giving me the right amount? I'm not going to cheat you sweetheart. I've done business with Keenan for a while now and he know ill never cheat him. That's the thing, im not Keenan. You can easily cheat me, lie to Keenan, and flip this on me. If you been doing business with Keenan for a while, you know he don't play when it comes to his money. You right, ill weigh it for you.

   As he was putting the money on the scale, I noticed a lot of movement. I tried to keep my eyes on the scale like Keenan said but it was just too much movement going on. Another thing I noticed was, Keenan said 2 guys will walk out with me but only one was walking with me. Something ain't right here, nothing is going how Keenan said it would. I hate to think he set me up. The money was right but everything else wasn't. Is there anything else you need Ms. Crystal? I think we good, I said with a suspicious look on my face. As we was heading to the door again, I noticed the man that was walking with me had a badge on his hip. I couldn't really tell what kind of badge it was, but I knew something wasn't right. In my head I was trying to figure out a way to get the fuck out of here. It really wasn't nothing I could do. I couldn't make a run for it; the hallways was too long. Plus they gotta buzz me out for me to get out.  The whole time we was walking, I was saying a prayer in my head. "God please let me get out of this alive. I promise I won't ever do this again. Please protect me right now".

  I was getting happy the closer we got to the door. "Crystal we almost out of here, just a few more steps, and all of this is over", I said in my head. We finally made it outside and I couldn't be happier. I popped the trunk and he put the bags in the car. Soon as he closed the trunk, I saw blue lights. FUCK! I knew this shit was a set up. Freeze put your hands in the air, the police yelled! I couldn't help but stare at one of the police officers. He was fine as fuck! Step away from the car! Whose car is this? It's mines officer, I said with a nervous tone. Pop the trunk for me. I completely froze, I just knew my ass was going down. It ain't nothing I can do or say to get myself out of this shit. So, I popped the trunk like he said.

   Where you get all this money from? A business deal. Business deal? What kind of business? An investment, I said. Investment in what? Drugs? No, there is no drugs involved. Well why is there a bag full of cocaine right here? WHAT? The officer pulled the bags out of the trunk and one was filled with cocaine. I didn't know what to say. For once in my life, I was actually speechless. Officer Wright, im going to go inside and check out the place. Stand here with her and make sure she don't get away. Can I ask you a question, Officer Wright asked? Sure. Whose drugs are these? I know they can't be yours. What makes you so sure? You don't look like the type of woman that would have a bag full cocaine in her car. I was making a drop for a friend and I think he set this up. I see this happen all the time. The dope guy get a woman to do his dirty work. We call it the "woman in the dress trick". How it normally go?

   The man use a beautiful woman to make the drop so that she would take the fall for it. Dope guys not as smart as you may think they are. They figure a woman can get away with something like this and not get caught. If they do get caught, they won't do much time in jail. So looking at my situation, how long do you think I will get? Well it depends on the judge and if there is any evidence that you are doing this for someone. If you can prove you doing this for someone, you can do less than 3 years. 3 YEARS! I probably could help you out. You seem like a real sweet person and I hate to see women in these kinds of situations. How you can help? Before he could say anything, his partner came out. According to witnesses, you a drug dealer. It's all a misunderstanding, I said. The video shows you selling drugs and receiving the money. Put your hands behind your back. "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you? Yes, I understand. They put me in the back of the police car, and I couldn't do nothing but cry. Why is this happening to me?