Chapter 10

September 10th, 1992 (cont'd)

Catching your breath you sat down in one of the chairs in Severus' classroom. You couldn't believe how experienced Severus is. "Where did you learn all of that?"

Severus chuckled and stood up from his chair. Walking over to you he leaned over the desk to look at you. "Would you like me to teach you what I know?" Gulping and still out of breath you nodded your head.

"Use your words, I know that pretty mouth of yours usually never shuts up," he smiled and nudged you.

*knock, knock*

Internally groaning you and Severus looked at the classroom door. "Come in," Severus stood up straight and backed away from you. Rolling your eyes at who was walking in you looked down at your feet. "What do you need Gilderoy?" Severus barked at him.

"I was wondering if you would assist me in dueling club tomorrow, Severus," Gilderoy looked over at you but continued talking, "It is the first meeting tomorrow and I figured you would be perfect. In reality, all Gilderoy wanted to do was destroy Severus on the 'battlefield' but he figured this would be the best option. Gilderoy was still mad at Severus for interrupting the conversation be you and him.

"Why not?" You looked up at Severus who had a devilish smirk on his face.

"Oh goody," he said, "before dinner at four in the afternoon."

"See you there," Severus clenched his jaw.

"You are more than welcome to join us, (y/f/n)," Gilderoy said.

"Oh, I will most definitely be there," you smile. Gilderoy leaves and you looked at Severus. He scuffs and walked to his desk. You didn't lie to Gilderoy, you would most definitely be there. You knew Severus was more powerful and experienced than Gilderoy at many things.

-
September 10th, 1992

Dueling Club- 5 pm

"Gather round!  Gather round!" You see Gilderoy stand up on the dueling stadium, "Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent.  In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I have done on countless occasions -- for full details, see my published works." Looking over to Severus who looked as annoyed as ever caught eyes with you. You could see the corners of his mouth start to curl.

"Let me introduce my assistant Professor Snape," you look over to Severus again and make his way up on the stage, "He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration.  Now I don't want any of you youngsters to worry.  You'll still have your Potions Master when I'm through with him, never fear!" Gilderoy smiles and he looks at Severus. Lockhart and Snape walk toward each other and bow.  They turn and walk ten paces and spin. Wands out.

"As you can see, we are holding our wands in the accepted combative position. On the count of three, we will cast our first spells. Neither of us will be aiming to kill, of course," Gilderoy said.
"One-two-three."

"Expelliarmus!" Severus cast on Gilderoy and blasts Gilderoy off his feet and into the wall behind him.

"Do you think he's all right?" You hear a student ask. You laugh internally but do not make a peep.

"Well, there you have it. That was a Disarming Charm. As you see, I've lost my wand," Gilderoy says as he grabs his wand from Miss. Granger.  "Yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying so, it was very obvious what you were about
to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy..."

Severus remains calm and collected, "Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor," Severus smirks at Gilderoy.

"An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape. Let's have a volunteer pair. Potter, Weasley, how about you?" Gilderoy says as he looks for the students.

"Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox. Might I suggest someone from my own house," Severus smirks, "Malfoy, perhaps," he turns around and gestures to Mr. Malfoy to stand up. Malfoy is the spitting image of his father Lucius. Of course, Lucius was older and had longer hair but they were the same.

Both of the boys did the same as Severus and Gilderoy did. "Wands at the ready! When I count to three, cast your charms to disarm your opponent -- only to disarm. We don't want any
accidents. One, two," Gilderoy says.

Harry casts "Rictusempra!" Firing a blast of silver light knocking Malfoy dead in the stomach and doubling to the ground. Severus looks annoyed and picks Malfoy off the ground and back to his feet.

"I said disarm only!" Gilderoy says.

"Serpensortia!" Malfoy casts and out comes a long black snake slithering forward. Severus smiles in amusement and starts to walk forward, "Don't move, Potter. I will get rid of it for you," Severus says.

"Allow me!" Gilderoy says and flicks his wand. Bang. The snake flies in the air, hissing in rage, and slithers towards a student. Harry to everyone's surprise moves closer to the snake without hesitation.

Harry says something almost like he is talking to the snake. You look at Severus whose face was as confused as everyone else. "What are you playing at?" The student that the snake was going after said. Severus stepped forward and waves his wand making the snake vanish in a puff of smoke. Severus looks back at Harry and then back to you Severus made his way over to you and grabbed you by the arm. He was pulling you fast by the arm. "Severus I can walk," you bark. He stops and lets go of you.

"Sorry," he says as he starts to walk away from you, "follow me," he says gesturing to you with his hand to follow. You start to walk fast behind him. "Severus, where are we going?"

"The restricted section," he says as he turns and makes his way into the library.

You grabbed a book from the stack Severus had gotten from the restricted section. You sit down on the ground while Severus was still sitting on the couch. "Ugh, what are we looking for?" You ask again.

"I guess we can put the books down we have been at it for hours," he says as he closes the book he was reading.

"Thank god," you say as you lay flat on your back on the ground. Looking up at Severus you see that he is smiling at you. "You look nice on the ground."

"Thank you," you smile and close your eyes, "come down here."

He chuckles, "I am an old young lady."

"We are the same age, Severus," you pause, "just because you are three months older than me does not mean you are old."

"I have a better idea," you hear Severus stand up from the couch and walk over to you. He leans down and puts both arms under you and picks you up. Your breath hitched as your eyes opened to see he was holding you bridal style. Walking over to bed he gracefully puts you on the bed and straddles you. "Would you like me to teach you what I know?" He smirks.

"God," you say as you look down to see Severus' pelvis on you. "When did you get so confident?"

He leans down and whispers into your ear, "I have always been confident but this is the first time you have noticed."

—-