Ch. 8 "I live for the Drama"

Hey, so sorry I have never uploaded in a long time. You guys have no idea how sorry I am for keeping you guys waiting. I just never had any attachment to writing for the past few months. I know it's not a valid excuse, still, I'm sorry. I'll try to keep posting 🫶

February 18, 2023

Jared felt a lot better today than he has felt the other days. He spent most of the past days lying in bed while he sweat his ass off or vomiting. His phone buzzed on the nightstand, and Jared checked it. It was just a text from Jensen asking how he was doing. Jared sighed and put his phone on the charger. For the moment, he ignored Jensen and went into the bathroom.

He stared at his shirtless frame in the bathroom mirror. He grew a thick beard, his hair was all tangled up, and it even grew a little, too. But he didn't mind that. His ribs were slightly more visible now, and his stomach was caved in and flat. He shook his head, embarrassed of himself. He stepped over to the toilet and went about his business there.

Once he finished, he went downstairs, looking for food. He found a granola bar to subside his growling stomach until he made actual food. He took out four pieces of bread and put them into the toaster. Jared opened the fridge and got out strawberry jelly, peanut butter, and a small container of blueberries. He set out his things on the counter and waited.

He planned to trim his beard when he finished his breakfast. Then to hook his dogs up on leashes and take a walk. He needs to get himself back in shape. Maybe today or tomorrow he will go to the gym. He also needs to reply to Jensen soon.

Sam and Dean were worried about him. He didn't eat that much, and he wakes up normally around mid-day with swollen red eyes. Let's not forget the beer stash that Dean keeps wiggling himself into.

Jared jumped when the toaster flew the toast out.
_________

February 20th

There was a beeping noise, followed by a groan. The large body next to Sam stretched out and then turned off the alarm. Sam lifted their head, looking around the dim room. Cordell lay flat on his back, his arms behind his head and his eyes fixated on them. He wore his smile and his messy bed hair.

Sam happily sighed and layed their head on his chest. They wrapped an arm around the top of Cordell's chest, and Cordell wrapped one of his arms around Sam's waist. A few minutes passed until Cordell planted a kiss to Sam's forehead.

"Hey, I gotta get ready for work."

Sam sighed and rolled off of Cordell. They have gotten closer to each other. Each morning Cordell wakes up, he expects Sam to be laying on the edge of the bed. Cordell patted Sam's head and got up. The Ranger got his clothes for the day picked out. He turned around so his back faced Sam. Sam stretched out with a sigh, looking at Cordell. Cordell finished getting dressed and looked over at Sam. Who was already dozing off again.

"Hey, wake up. You gotta go eat some breakfast."

Sam shook their head and moved to the middle of the bed, grumbling a little. Cordell sighed and sat on the bed, pulling his work boots on. He put his hand on Sam's shoulder.

"I'll see you after dinner then."
________________________________

After dinner, Sam found themself on the couch sitting next to August with their head on his shoulder. He was reading one of the Supernatural books. Turns out, each book is one season of the show. August was currently on book 14. He was on the part where Sam, Dean, Castiel, and Jack are in Kansas City, trying to defet apocalypse world Michael.

August went to turn the page, but Sam stopped him because they weren't finished with the page. They finished and let August turn the page. For the next ten minutes or so, they both read in silence. August put a bookmark in the book when he was finished with the chapter. He closed the book with a sigh and looked at Sam. At the same time, Sam heard the front door open.