Ch. 5 "So Many Questions"

February 10, 2023

Jared scratched his neck with a wet hand. He put his washed plate in the drying rack and turned the water off. Then Dean walked in, another dirty plate in hand.

"I can wash that," Jared said, taking Dean's plate.

Dean said nothing, but he found a rag and began to dry the dishes on the drying rack. Jared looked over at him, raising his brows. It was his brother that usually helped around a bit. Jared handed him the clean plate and leaned on the counter, watching him dry the dishes and put them away. Dean locked eyes with him for a second, something was off with him.

"You okay, Dean?"

He nodded, "Tired."

Jared shook his head, "You're worse than your brother. I can see right through you. What's up?"

Dean sighed, putting a plate in one of the cabinets. It took him a minute before replying, "I'm glad I get a break from hunting, but I," Dean took a breath, "I just hate being cooped up."

Jared nodded, he stayed silent, thinking. "Would you like to go for a drive with me?" Jared offered.

"Yeah, sure, I'd like that."

--------------

February 5, 2022

Sam finally got the white bedsheets on the mattress. They sighed and set the mattress back down on the bed frame. They went over to the plastic tub in the corner of the room. It had multiple bedsheets and blankets in it. They stuck their hand in it and started to feel around. The looks of blankets doesn't matter to them anymore, as long as it felt right they'll sleep in it. Sam felt something soft, so they put a hand around it and pulled it out. It was a heavy white blanket with dark green mushrooms on it.

Sam laid the blanket on the bed and went back to the tub. One blanket was not enough for them. Back at the Bunker Sam took a blanket from one of the other rooms to sleep with. Sam shook themself from their thoughts. They didn't want to think of the past, just move forward. That was all they could do. Sam felt another soft blanket and pulled it out, it had a black and white cow print on it.

They threw it on the bed and put the lid back on the tub. They carried it out of the room and put the tub back into the closet in the hallway. Stella walked by, accidentally walking into Sam.

"Oh, sorry Sam," She apologized, taking an earbud out, "How's the room going?"

"It's going, you wanna see it?"

Stella nodded and followed Sam as they walked to their room. Plastic bags full of clothes took up a small part of a corner. There was also a box that had a handwritten note on it, 'Guest Dresser' it read.

"Oh, it's nice. Need help with anything?"

San looked around, "Uh, yeah, do you have any clothing hangers?"

"Think so, I'll go see if I have extras."

Stella left to hunt down extra clothing hangers. A little while later Stella came back in with a small pile of clothing hangers in her arms. She offered to help put the clothing away. Sam agreed and went through bags, sorting the shirts, pants, and other garments into messy piles. Stella grabbed shirts and put them on hangers. Sam soon joined her after they finished sorting.

"What are you going to do with the pants?"

Putting a band shirt onto a hanger Sam looked over at the box, "I'll get that built and put them in there."

Stella nodded, she took the shirts on hangers into the closet. For the next thirty minutes they quietly worked together. Soon after they finished Stella left, saying that she had to do homework. Sam went over to the box and emptied it out, sadly, there was no introductions in it. Sam sighed and left the room and searched for Bonham, most likely he was the one who put it together. Sam entered the kitchen and found Liam looking through the fridge.

Trashed and Scattered~Adopted By Jared Padalecki (Book |||)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें