Chapter 3: Yugo The Eliatrope

(3rd person view)

The group then continues going deeper into the forest, as Ruel once again goes on his rant about bounty hunting.

Ruel: Bounty hunter? A sure road to ruin! Expenses, equipment... It cost much more looking for bounty that it brings in!

Evangelyne: Really? My father always said he had it good before-

Ruel: You call surviving on roots and dirty water the good life?

Amalia: Ohh, it's horrible! Horrible! Poor thing.

The group stops and starts to hear Amalia cry. As they look forward they see the remains of a forest, now completely dead.

She walks up to the tree and kneels as she puts her hand on it.

Evangelyne: Ogrest's Chaos!

Ruel: You believe in that old legend? I always thought it was Gobball nonsense! Everything gets blamed on Ogrest, and no one even knows if he exists.

Evangelyne walks up to Amalia and the group follows as she questions her.

Evangelyne: What's the matter?

Amalia: I... I felt something. An ancient, evil presence. We aren't welcome here.

Percedal: Really? Well, I'll have to give them some hospitality lessons.

Rubilax: Bah! Show-off!

Natsu hearing Percedal's sentence gets a smile on his face and punch's his palm.

Natsu: Yeah! I like the sound of that!

Yugo: Woah! I've never seen such a big tree in my whole life.

Yugo says in amazement as he looks up at the massive tree in front of them.

Amalia: He's been affected, too.

Ruel then observes the area and spots a familiar-looking machine.

Ruel: That machine there. I pulverised one of those back in Emelka.

*grrrrrrr*

The group hears the loud growl and gets in defensive stances. They look around, trying to find where the noise had come from. It sounded similar to a giant beast ready to satisfy its hunger. But then they heard a voice next to them

Evangelyne: What was that?

"Sorry"

The group then quickly turns to look at Natsu, who is now on the ground holding his stomach.

Natsu: I didn't get to finish my food back in Emelka. Somebody got any food on them.

The group let out a sigh in unison as they begin to relax. Ruel then turns his head and spots something.