Mitch || • cute/smut

There she was, strutting down the hallway of the castle, looking as fresh as a morning flower and as joyous as the sun. She reminded of the sun, ironically, probably looking ten times brighter. She could light up a room with her smile making hearts melt was her specialty and she surprised more than one when meeting her.

That girl was you. You were the embodiment of the sun in this dull ancient castle.

In a place where power ruled over everything else, a constant fight to keep it or get it for ourselves as well as money and adoration from the people, you skipped freely, as if nothing truly bothered you. You were the only free in this fancy diamond cage. That was what had attracted Mitch's attention first, how free you looked, happy and just bubbling in excitement at practically everything. He wouldn't deny the fact that he found you annoying and excessive in your reactions at first. He would even say that you were actually too bright and it was painful for his eyes.

Mitch was completely opposite to you. Just like Edward Cullen, he looked like he was in pain at each interaction he was having. Visibly uncomfortable or just bored out of his mind, he just couldn't help his incapacity to care. He looked just about perfect for the role too, messy hair and scowl who could make a war veteran cower. Was he doing it on purpose ? Yes, people wouldn't approach him and would approach you directly.

The problem was that people were supposed to talk to him. He was the king and you were just his personal bodyguard.

You tried to help him put himself out there but King Mitchell was definitely not the easiest to deal with. He always found a way to get his way and that meant letting you blabber around with important people while he found a way to stand there and watch you or just disappear. And you couldn't say or do much, because he was the boss. But you did speak, because that's all you ever did, talk.

"Your Highness ! Your Highness, stop walking! Wait !"

He couldn't hide the grin on his face, clearly amused by the situation, just like the rest of the staff watching it unfold. It wasn't unusual but they had to act as if they weren't seeing it. As usual, there you were, running after the King, trying to have the usual conversation.

You were still following him, this time through the hallways of his quarters, forbidden to most, except you. You lived there, and not with the other bodyguards, for a reason unknown to them and the rest of the staff.

He kept walking and you kept running, trying to catch up to him, which was lore difficult than it seemed. In your defense, the King had longer legs, and he had disappeared about five minutes before you noticed and started running after him.

"King Mitchell, stop ignoring me and stop walking too !" You huffed, sounding out of breath.

You were still running when you slammed violently against his back, the bastard had stopped now only and probably on purpose too. He was trying you, and succeeding too.

You let out a grunt of annoyance, breathing in slowly to catch your breath while he stood there, like a greek statue. The man turned around and smiled widely at the glare you threw his way.

"That's not a way to look at you king, princess." He said, tilting his head and grabbing your waist in his hands.

You looked around frantically, making sure that no one could see you before kicking him in the shin.

"Don't say that ! If people hear you, they're going to have my head on a platter."

He chuckled, leaning down to kiss your cheek tenderly. His hand came up to your face, holding it tenderly and in that moment, you slightly forgot the reason why you'd been running after him. Mitch was rarely as tender and soft with anyone, but you were the exception again. When he kissed your forehead then your eyelids, you wanted to melt in his arms.