Serenity Addams

"Name!?"

"Serenity."

"Oh! Then why are you addressed as Sam?"

"It's easier that way."

"I don't understand."

"It's how everyone calls me. That's it."

"Whatever. I'm gonna ask you some questions."

"Fine."

"Stop with the attitude young lady!"

"I'm not even doing anything! "

"You're here because of what you did!"

"Then tell me! What did I do!?"

After a deep breath, the officer started talking.

"Listen you little prick! I know exactly what you did! You're the one who's been smuggling the drugs and ruining the lives of other innocent children!"

"I don't- I'm- I didn't do it!"

"Then heck with it! Listen Sam, or whatever,.... if you don't admit what you did.... you'll never leave here.... you know, I'm here all day......"

"Maybe I don't wanna leave!"

"Oh! You're so fucking impossible!!! I have my ways to make you confess!"

"What are you gonna do!? Rape me?"

"Yeah! I'm gonna fucking rape you.... if you don't confess! There's no one here to help you out! There's literally no way out!"

"You do know that officers are witnessing this interrogation right? Or are you high? What if your higher officials knows about this? You're gonna get fired! Right?"

"No one.... is gonna help you. You're gonna rot in here until you confess that you did it!"

"I'll rather rot in here than betraying my friends!"

"Oh.... Miss Addams.... you are so naive...."

"No I'm not."

"You're standing up for your friends..... but they're the one who actually betrayed you.... I know everything about you Miss Addams....."

Sam's heart stopped for a second.

She paused and started talking.

"What do you know about me?"

"I know how you got kicked out of Denver."

"Oh! How?" She put on a fake surprised expression.

"I know everything.... how you were kicked out of school for sexually assaulting Mr. Carter's daughter. You're gay right!"

"Yeah. And I didn't assault her, it was a misunderstanding."

"That's what every rapist would say."

"Yeah I think so.... I guess you've said that a lot right,?"

"Shut your pie hole you little faggot!!"

"What did you say?"

"You..... little..... faggot....."

"She clenched her fists but she couldn't hit him because she was handcuffed to the table. She struggled to move her hands.

"See.... no one....is gonna help you....." the officer said.

After a pause, Sam said:

"Yeah,.... I know no one is gonna come and help me. I know I'll rot in here if I don't do what you want me to do.... but I know one thing. If you do anything to me and I die,.... my community does not stay still. They would fight for me until  my memories haunt you in my dreams... I'm gonna make you regret everything you did to me.....that's my word."

"What could a bunch of jerks gonna do to me?" He laughed.

"Isn't that what the officer who assaulted George Floyd thought when he killed him brutally? We all know what happened next.... you know what? We're not faggots or barbarians and we do not deserve to be treated this way. Listen, I'm black, I'm poor, I'm gay and I'm a woman. I'm not privileged in any way in this country. But I deserve to be treated with respect. If not, the whole world would turn against you. You think that we are alone, helpless, and vulnerable.... but we are not. Humanity never fails, officer.... and people will be by our side if you guys mess with us."

The officer tried to hold back his anger.

"Fine. But you haven't answered my questions. This is not a 'Black Lives Matter' movement or a drag queen event to give your big heartfelt speech-"

"I'm a lesbian, not trans. You're stereotyping gay people and trans people."

"Don't interrupt me when I'm talking! This is an interrogation and you have to answer the fucking questions!"

"There's no point in asking questions.... everything you say are fucking lies!"

"But you're friends already confessed.... you're the last one.... they told me everything....you're the one who is actively smuggling drugs all over Milton high... your gang leader Cassandra confessed everything.... your life's over now."

"Wow.... I'm so scared...." she faked her facial expressions mockingly. "But you've missed one small detail.... we don't have a gang leader like we're in the mafia or something..... Alex found us and we became a team.... she's the backbone of our group. You're obviously lying, officer..... you didn't question all of my friends....they didn't rat me out either....."

"Gosh! This girl is impossible!"

The officer went out to make a phone call. After a few minutes, he came back and release her handcuffs from the table.

"What is happening? Officer?" She asked.

"Go back to the cell."