Am I really going to shoot someone? Kill a person in cold blood and watch as their last moments are spent with their killer? Taking the life of another person was something I never saw myself doing. I believe I am a good person with morals and ideals. A virtuous saint, as Angie once called me.

I couldn't hurt a fly. But some people deserve to die. Especially ones like Giorgio Lombardi.

I pulled the trigger. My finger pulled back and a loud bang rang out. The power from the bullet knocked me back. I landed on my behind and dropped the gun next to me.

The ringing in my ear didn't let me hear anything. I looked ahead of me and saw Giorgio standing there with a bullet hole in his head and blood and brain matter spilling on the sides. Giorgio then collapsed onto the floor, face first.

Lucien, who has been crouched on the floor, turned and first looked at Giorgio as he fell dead on the floor. Lucien then turned to me and his eyes bulged out of their sockets. He stood up and ran towards me.

"Danny?! Danny?!" Lucien shouted, though it sounded muffled.

"Lucien..." I said. He stared down at me, holding me close to his body and rocking me back forth.

"I'm getting help!" I managed to hear Lucien say.

"I'm sleepy..." I muttered. I began to close my eyes as everything that has happened in the past few days caught up.

From getting kidnapped and violated, to getting in a car crash and shooting a person in the head, I just wanted to sleep. I smiled at Lucien as my eyes began to close and quickly I fell into a deep sleep.

Darkness and warmth are all my senses can feel at that moment. There was no taste of anything. No touch of any surface. Nothing to hear. I might as well have been a ghost trapped at the end of time, wondering when I'll see the next speck of light or sign of life.

A small light could be seen in the far distance, breaking through the sea of darkness. I began to feel myself gravitating towards it, making it my desired goal. The light slowly got bigger as it began to surround my entire skin. Slowly, the warmth felt cold. And the light at the end was all I could see.

White light. Blinding my eyes.

I blinked my eyes to get rid of the disorientation I felt all over me. The first thing I could feel was something on my arm. Instinctively, I lifted up my left arm and saw what looked like an IV drip attached to my arm.

Next thing I noticed was the walls of the room I was in. It had a light beige color. Attached to the wall on a nail was a clipboard. I looked around more and saw medical equipment around me. The beeping from the heart monitor could now be heard.

There was a tight grip on my right arm. I slowly turned my head and saw Lucien on the side of the bed. He was in a chair, with his hands gripping my arm. He slept on the bed with his head buried close to my torso.

"Lucien. Lucien!" I whispered. Lucien groaned and moved his head around.

He groaned out. "Five more minutes, baby." He said.

I giggled as I watched Lucien. "You're so silly." I said.

Lucien let out a small chuckle. "All for you, love." He muttered. He stopped laughing, his hands gripping my arm. He jolted his head up and looked into my eyes. "Danny!" He yelled as he lunged forward and trapped me in a tight hug.

He hugged me close to him, not letting go of me. He sobbed into my shoulder while muttering apologies.

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry, Danny. I never meant to bring you into this." Lucien whispered in my ear.