Chapter 9: You're a what?

Start from the beginning

"I don't care about your name's when you're just going to hand me over to Lex Luther."

Superboy started growling. "Why would we hand you over to HIM?"

Danny invisibly flew over to the couch and floated above it. The others were getting too close to him for his liking. "Because you work for him. Why else would I be here and not on a direction table getting my organs taken out and having them slowly grow back."

"We would never do something like that."

"If you truly believed we were going to turn you over to Lex Luther then why would you stay?"

Danny thought for a moment. Why hasn't he left? He woke up yesterday in some bedroom and stayed inside for about an hour before deciding to spy on his sorta captors. The more he watched them, the more curious he got. "I'm not sure, you don't really act like any of the GIW and it was strange."

Kaldur frowned, "You've mentioned several times the GIW. What are they exactly?"

"Like you don't already know."

"We really don't."

"The GIW are also known as the Ghost Investigation Ward or the Guys in White because they're constantly dressed in white."

Kid Flash B03

Kid Flash immediately speeds towards the kitchen and then to the lounge, nearly making Danny lose his invisibility. He sat on the couch and started munching on a can of Pringles. " Why're you guys standing in the corner?"

Danny growled at the lightning thrower. "Goodbye."

Megan looked around the room before calling out to the invisible kid, "Danny wait! Don't leave."

"I'm not trying to get electrocuted again."

"We promise Wally won't hurt you."

"I haven't hurt anyone, at least anyone that wasn't a villain. What's going on?"

"I'm still leaving." Danny tried floating away again but someone had grabbed his leg. He turned to see muscular looking teen holding his ankle.  Deciding he needed to been seen in order to glare, Danny dropped his invisibility."Let me go."

Conner glared back, "No."

"Hey your the kid who basically died in the med bay."

Danny glared at the redhead before phasing out of Conner's grip.

"If you weren't going to sell me to Luther then why did he try to kill me again!?" The shorter boy pointed at the speedster on the couch.

"I assure you he wasn't trying to kill you. It was a misunderstanding."

Wally almost choked on his chips. "I almost did what!?"

"Not now Wally, we're trying to explain to Danny you weren't trying to kill him." Miss Martian just waved him off.

Kid Flash seemed even more shocked than before. "I almost did WHAT!?"

"Both of you calm down, we can talk this out. Maybe you'd like some water to help your throat, Danny?"

Danny rubbed his throat before sitting on the floor on the opposite side of the couch. "I'd love to hear how sparky over there wasn't trying to end my afterlife."

Conner went to the kitchen and brought back a couple bottled waters. "Why are you sitting in the floor?"

"I'm not gonna sit anywhere near him."

"That's fine, let's just get everything cleared up."

"IS NO ONE GOING TO TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON!"

Everyone ignored Wally's outburst. Kaldur spoke first. "I guess the first question is, what are you? You've got powers like a meta or alien, but I don't think you are either."

Danny mentally sighed, these strangers really don't know anything about him. Maybe this could be a good thing. "It's simple really, I'm a ghost." He looked down at himself, "Well half-ghost anyway."

KF had calmed down enough to complain. "Um hello, I'm not in the mindlink so I have no idea what he's saying."

"Oops, sorry about that." Miss Martian closed her eyes for a moment. "Are you connected Wally?"

"I'm connected now what the heck is going on?"

"I told them I'm half- human and half-ghost."

Wally scoffed, "Ghosts don't exist. If they did then there'd be proof scientists would know about them."

Danny glared at the smug looking teen on the couch. Standing up to glare at the older boy, he growled. "You think that there isn't proof that ghosts don't exist. I bet you've never even bothered to look. You say that scientist don't think we exist, well guess WHAT! MY PARENTS STUDIED GHOSTS FOR A LIVING. AND YOU WANNA KNOW SOMETHING ELSE! THE PEOPLE YOU 'RESCUED' ME FROM ARE ALSO SCIENTISTS! THEY KILLED MY ENTIRE FAMILY JUST SO THEY COULD HAVE ME AS THEIR SECRET LAB RAT AND EVENTUALLY SELL ME OFF AS A WEAPON! SO INSTEAD OF TRYING TO DISPUTE EVERYTHING YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, TRY FINDING OUT MORE ABOUT THE WORLD BECAUSE YOU CLEARLY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT!"

Megan struggled to keep the mindlink intact because of how strong Danny's emotions were. Everyone could feel the intense anger and pain in his words. At some point he had started floating and was floating in front of the speedster, eyes glowing an intense green with tears streaming down his face.

Soon Danny flew out of the room and everyone else was left processing what they found out. Soon everyone but Megan was glaring at the red head.