Chapter 20 - there is no way I'm helping you

y/n's POV

My jaw dropped as the little girl I was talking to transformed into a tall man with black shoulder length hair and a mischievous grin. I couldn't help but stumble back a few steps. "Everyone's told me stories about you before." I said in the bravest voice I could manage. 

"Oh, I bet they have." He chuckled. "Loki, creator of chaos, ruler of Asgard, god of mischief... I could go on; I have collected many titles." 

"I'm sure you have but the only one I've heard around here is 'Loki the annoying adoptive brother of Thor who is older and way cooler and stronger and actually helped save the world instead of destroy it. You know - I should hate you. You basically killed my parents." 

"Oh... well I guess I should have known you'd hear that title too. Anyway... my brother really is coming to retrieve some information down here and I really do need to get it before he does so... what do you say?"

"Are you serious? You wasted my time trying to trick me into committing a crime with you, lying to me and befriending me as a 7 year old girl - you know I actually thought you were my friend, the first friend I made since moving here besides adults who just pity me - not to mention the fact that YOU KILLED MY PARENTS and if your brother and my aunts and uncles hadn't stopped you then my adoptive parents would be dead too and this city would be destroyed along with the rest of the earth and I don't even know what you've been up to on other planets!!! So, NO THERE IS NO WAY I'M HELPING YOU! And I don't see a scepter lying around for you to corrupt me with so I'll be on my way. Bye Lorna."

I turned on my heel and marched away from him. Once I turned a couple of corners I realised I was going the wrong way; the elevator was back the way I came! Damn it! And FRIDAY couldn't even help me down here because we were too far underground! I wanted to cry really badly but I needed to be brave right now. I decided to keep walking because maybe there was another fire exit or something down here or something I could contact dad with. 

I was starting to get pretty tired of walking round this maze of a floor when I realised I'd come to a dead end. In that moment I couldn't help it: I jumped up and down, stomping my feet and screaming at the top of my lungs. This was like... I don't know... the second-worst day of my life ever! I soon became exhausted and slumped down against the wall, hiding myself behind a couple of cardboard boxes and started to silently cry. After a couple of minutes I realised I still had my scissors in my pocket and reached to grab them before using them to scratch my initials into the wall behind me. It was pretty hard but I had all the time in the world now apparently. At least some stuff had gone to plan today I sighed to myself as my tears subsided. I wondered what time it was and if anyone had noticed I was missing? Dad definitely wouldn't have noticed yet; sometimes he forgets to eat and sleep when he's focused in the lab. The other guys were probably busy catching up on paperwork since we'd spent some time at Clint's. Mom might have noticed because I tricked her into leaving me alone in her office. Maybe I'm more like Loki then I thought. I do like pranks and I can be a little naughty sometimes. I felt sad because I actually thought we got on pretty well when he was still Lorna; we had talked for around half an hour and I really liked her. Plus, as it turns out, she's a God. No, he's a god, I had to remind myself. Damn it; she would have been perfect! I was abruptly pulled out of my thoughts by someone near me clearing their throat. I looked up to see Loki looking down at me a little concerned which suprised me. "Go away! I hate you!" I tried to shout but my voice was hoarse and I just ended up crying again. I felt so pathetic. 

"I'm sorry y/n." He sighed before I heard him move to kneel in front of me but I still didn't look up at him. "I was wrong to trick you and try to rope you into something." I still didn't respond, it wasn't like he actually cared! He was probably just trying to trick me again anyway. "If it makes you feel any better I was put in solitary confinement for a year and a half after New York. And, you can now officially say that you caught the God of mischief out on one of his tricks. You're very smart... for a 7 year old." I just huffed in response, hiding the slight smile that had crept its way onto my face. "Look, I really am sorry." I still remained silent. I heard him sigh before he asked "What can I do to make it up to you?" I looked up in shock, did he seriously just ask that? "Well, for starters you can give up on trying to find whatever information you were looking for and actually help your brother this time." I sniffled. He pinched the bridge of his nose then sighed and agreed "Fine. Just know, I will be put through a lot of embarrassment for this. It might even be more humiliating than 'get help'." I raised an eyebrow at him "What's 'get help'?" "I'll explain another day, hey maybe I might even need to do it with you one day - ha that would be fun! Anyway, is there anything else I can do for you princess?" He asked kind of mockingly. "Actually there is. You can help me find my way out of this place." I ordered, standing up. "Very well. This way then." 

We actually ended up getting lost again before finding the elevator - some help he turned out to be! Honestly this guy is overrated. When we got in the elevator I continued with my questions I'd been asking him non-stop. "I thought you could teleport and stuff?" "I could, when I had the tesseract." "Oh, you know how you can shapeshift?" "Yep." "Could you like turn into a snail or something?" The elevator beeped, letting us know we had arrived back at the living area floor "Do you know what, I'm glad we've finally made it because I'm so done babysitting you right now." He sassed, stepping out of the elevator.

We were immediately met with pretty much all of the avengers including Thor, plus my mom and Maria were there too, all staring at us in shock. "Look who I found in the basement guys!" I exclaimed, pushing Loki in front of me. "What the f-" Yelena started before I caught Nat glaring at her. "Brother! What a surprise to see you here!" Thor boomed sarcastically before striding towards Loki and steering him away from me with his arm around his shoulders. Everyone else was still kind of in shock. "Y/n! We've been worried sick! You were gone for hours! And now you come back with Loki?!" Mom exclaimed, rushing towards me before bending down to hug me tight. She then quickly straightened herself out again and said "You're in so much trouble young lady." "What's new?" I mumbled as Dad came over and took my hand, leading me over to everybody.