Chapter 18 - hatching plans

Y/n POV:

I was sad to leave Clint's family but the weekend was over and apparently 'everyone had to get back to work'. I don't even ever get to find out what work this crazy family actually does! I just always get the response 'Avengers stuff' or 'saving people' or 'fighting bad guys'. Even Vision won't tell me because my dad had 'ultimate authority'. I wish I could read people's thoughts and warp people's minds like Wanda - that would be so cool and then I could get them to put me on the team and I can fight bad guys with them! Or - maybe I would be special enough that I wouldn't even have to manipulate them and they would be the ones begging me to join and I'd get to train with Nat and Wanda and Clint and Sam and Steve and - "Earth to y/n!" Dad was waving his hand in front of my face. I scowled at him for disturbing my daydream. "Don't give me that look. We're home. Come on or you'll be left on the jet!" I wish I could be left on the jet. Maybe I could just sit here completely silent and no-one would notice and then I could hide and go on the next mission with them! "Don't even think about it, come on missy!" Wanda's Sokovian voice ordered as she put an arm round my shoulders and steered me towards the exit while I sighed and dragged my feet. Stupid mind-reading! She chuckled while I just stared at my feet the whole way back to my room where she dropped me off. 

I lay down face-first on my bed thinking about how annoying everyone was and how annoying it was that I couldn't join in with anything. I was so bored. I didn't have any special powers, I wasn't trained like Sam or Nat and they refused to train me and I even failed at inventing stuff like Dad. I shivered just thinking about the stupid fire incident. I was useless! And they only adopted me in the first place because they felt bad about Hulk killing my parents. I know it wasn't Bruce's fault but I still don't really talk to him, I'm quite scared of him actually and it's meant that I don't spend as much time with my dad in the lab anymore because I don't want to be there if Bruce is. I'm worried they're going to take away my lab coat and goggles so I won't be part of the 'scientist gang' anymore. The thought almost made me cry but I stopped myself just in time. Avengers don't cry. Mommy's not part of the Avengers, maybe I could be like her and be a boss lady and marry a rich man. No - ew thats so gross! Maybe I could become a nun so I won't have to get married and I can be a rich nun boss! I was pretty content with that plan for a few minutes until I remembered that nuns get married to god and I don't even believe in him anymore! I slumped back into the pile of pillows at the head of my bed, closing my eyes so I could concentrate better.

I leapt up as a thought suddenly came to me: Thor's a god! Maybe he's friends with another god I can marry when I'm older. Goddesses are probably way prettier and kinder than Gods. For the first time ever I found myself wishing I was a boy. Sighing I got up and went to my princess diary, unlocked it and rummaged around for my fluffy pen to write down my plan. I always write down my smart ideas so I don't forget them and so when I'm older and I'm famous I can prove how clever I was as a kid. The first thing I wrote down was:

'I feel mad at myself right now because I'm not special like everyone else and I think maybe I'm starting to become less smart because I keep forgetting that girls and boys go together - not girls and girls and not boys and boys.'

I don't have a crush on a boy or a girl because I'm only seven duh! But I always have to remind myself that one day I have to find a boy which sucks because they're kind of gross and girls aren't. I also think I may be loosing smartness because I thought Nat and Wanda liked each other like mommy and daddy love each other but I don't know why I thought that because that's impossible and Nat told me they were just friends and now I feel stupid and embarrassed for forgetting. I slapped my head then picked up my pen again:

'ANYWAY I have a really smart plan: I'm going to ask Thor if he has any other god friends because one day I could marry one then I will be rich and famous and special like everyone else. Obviously I'm not going to tell anyone my plan, I'll just ask Thor about his friends.'

I'm proud of myself because I only had to ask FRIDAY how to spell 'obviously' and 'special'. I always ask because I never want to spell anything wrong. Everything has to be perfect. If I make a mistake in my diary I rip out the page then carefully remove the ripped edge with a pair of scissors so it doesn't look like I had to rip a page out. I've only had to do that a few times though because I'm good at not making mistakes. Last time I accidentally cut myself using the scissors though so mommy took them away. 

I don't know when I'll ask Thor about his friends. I've only met him a couple of times because he's always in space but I think he's visiting tonight or tomorrow. 

I know exactly what I'll do in the mean time though. NUMBER 1 I have to find a way to get my scissors back. NUMBER 2 I have to find somewhere secret in the building to carve my initials with my scissors like the little girl in the movie Madeline which I watched with mommy last week. NUMBER 3 I'm going to start teaching myself French so I can be more like Madeline and get some of my smartness back. I quickly wrote the 3 tasks on a piece of paper which I folded really small and put in my pocket so I could check them off throughout the day.