TRAGEDY

A week before Dylan's surgery, Micheal was involved in a car accident. I believe it was an attempt on his life though, because I noticed that he tightened my and the children's security. I asked why and he told me not to worry that he was just being careful.

     I didn't think of it as anything then cause I knew he could be overprotective at times.

     Now that I think if it, I should have taken it more seriously, I should have asked him to increase his security too, I should have made sure he was more careful, I'm so irresponsible.

     According to the Doctor, most of his injuries are internal and they are more troublesome to deal with.

     They had to operate twice on my husband and our innocent 1 year old children have  no idea what their father is going through at the moment moment.

     I definitely noticed a change in them though. On the dreadful day the dreadful incident happened, my babies didn't see their father during the time he usually came back home.

     They couldn't even fall asleep, I on the other already aware of the tragedy that befell us tried as much as possible to keep my emotions away from my face because they may be kids but I feel like they'd understand emotions more than those that could actually use speech to communicate.

     After successfully putting them to sleep at around 1am, I rushed to the hospital to check on Micheal. On getting there I found out they were done with the surgeries and his life was no longer in danger but unfortunately he slipped into a coma.

     The Doctor had no idea when his conciousness would return, all he said was "All of Micheal's organs are in good shape so apart for being in a coma he is medically alright".

     I hate not knowing where I'm standing, the doctor says he's alright but he doesn't know when he'll wake. If he's not waking up it's obvious he's not fine. What if he doesn't wake up. I know I'm being extremely pessimistic right but I can't do anything about, I feel really lost.

     It took hours for Leo to successfully calm me down reminding me I had children to take care of. Even that reminder gave me more anguish.

     On getting home and looking at my children's sleeping face, I couldn't help myself and I burst into tears, "what if he doesn't wake up, what if he leaves me alone in this cruel world, what if he leaves me to take care of our kids myself". These were all I could think of while looking at the children's sleeping faces.

HEY READERS DON'T FORGET TO; CLICK THE STAR BUTTON AND COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS.
SHARE IF YOU'RE ENJOYING THE STORY.