Chapter 8

Ratchet's Pov.

I stood outside medical den as I waited for Optimus' arrival. Optimus had decided to take a small group to Megatrons land. Most being very anxious, tho most calmed down after Smokescreen had returned and said the mission was a success. Tho the female was injured, how bad I wouldn't know till she was here.

I was pulled from my thoughts as I straightened my neck up and looked to the tree line. Soon seeing a familiar small yellow and black male. I looked past the youngling as Optimus wasn't far behind. My eyes widened as I saw that he was carrying the unconscious female on his back. I rushed over, meeting him about haft way from my den. "She's alive but weak." I quickly looked over her injuries and rested my head on her neck as I listened to her faint heart beat.

I frowned as I pulled away "Get her into the den." He wasted no time as he moved and carried her inside. I followed behind him, tho before I could Smokescreen stopped me. "Is she gonna be ok?" He asked worriedly "Smokescreen not now, I'll send Optimus out with updates." I pushed past him as I went into the den and over as Optimus had laid her down on the far side of the cave.

I quickly got to work as I checked her cuts and gashes on her sides and neck. I frowned as I gently lifted one of her paws as I inspected the broken scales and skin around her ankles. "Optimus, I need more of disinfecting roots. Their near the river and quick." I ordered knowing he knew what they looked.

I didn't look towards him as I already started gathering the roots I had left. I heard him leave and I walked over to the other side of the cave. I started crushing the roots into a paste and after doing so, I grabbed what I had left of sticky leaves and went back to her side. I then proceeded to gently put the paste into the wounds on her sides. Seeing her wince and whined in pain as I did so.

I sadly had nothing for the pain, the numbing berries were hard to find. I finished putting the paste in her gashes on her left side and laid a large sticky leaf over the wound. I gently press of my claw over it, making sure it stay stuck to her scales before I moved to her other side and did the same on the other side. I had almost finished with all her ankles when I heard someone entering the cave.

I looked over as Optimus came over next to me. His jaws filled with the clean roots "Crush them up and apply it to the cuts on her neck." I said as I finished wrapping the leaves around Archontas ankle's. He nodded as he came over and dropped the roots before doing as told. "Will she be alright old friend?" He asked as he looked her over "She will be, the roots will help with infection so we shouldn't have to worry about that. I'll still like to keep an eye on her till the wounds heal a bit." I spoke before I moved to sit on the other side of her across from the larger dragon.

Watching as he gently applied the paste to the cuts on her neck. I looked over her neck and my eyes stop on the deep bite marks on her neck just under her head. I had memorize the bite marks and radiuses from the cons so by the size alone I could tell very well who had made them. "Megatron." I more of stated then asked, I moved as I gently lifted her head and grabbed another leaf and pressed it around the markings.

"Megatron had stated his claim over her.." I gently rested her head back against the ground as I looked to Optimus. He finished up with her neck, he looked to her face giving grim look as he watched her. I felt my heart sink at his words and looked to her as well. I sighed sadly as I looked back to Optimus "Go rest and tell Smokescreen she will be fine. I'll come and tell you when she wakes." I watched him nodded before he stood and turned to leave.

I looked back to the young female, my leaders words raddling in my head. "Such a young dragonette to suffer such a fate." I shook my head gently before I turned to the center of the cave and took a breath in and let out a ball of flame. Lighting the fire pit that sat in the center and moved to lay on the other side of the fire from her.

I hoped you guys liked it.

Please leave a comment of what you think.