EIGHT

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 :
queen of disaster

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     JASON LEPT OFF of the area they were upon, quickly making use of the time left in the sterilization period to cause as much destruction as possible

     "Jason!" Leon called after the mutated man who only jumped further away from them. They began to follow along with the man's path—it was difficult because he was able to achieve his goal much quicker than them—and it led them to the top of the underground lab where he was punching and pulling at material of the roof. "Jason, stop!" Leon's order echoed through the area as Rae realized that Jason was trying to dig a hole through the roof.

     Jason stopped and turned around, finding Rae and Leon pointing their pistols at him with tense expressions, Shen May standing behind them. "I will show everyone what fear is." Jason said, pounding his hands on his chest, "Then, then it will spread."

     "That won't change anything." Leon argued.

     "I will open their eyes to true terror." Jason ignored Leon's words, "It's the only way to keep this tragedy from ever happening again."

     "No! It doesn't work that way." Leon objected as Jason turned around to punch at the ceiling again. Rae fired her pistol at the man, Leon following her action as Shen May called out,

     "Please. Don't."

     A quiet filled the room as everyone stopped. Rae observed that the bullets they had fired had only crushed up against the hard skin on Jason's back and hadn't done any harm to him. Rae cursed mentally, it was like a shield, but it covered his entire body. Except the Jason's heart which sat in the center. That was exposed. What a crappy design. Jason turned around, "You can't stop me."

     Then he leapt from the platform he was upon until he was slowly walking to the end of the bridge the trio was on. They watched, tense as Jason bent down, hands wrapping around the metal of the bridge and snapping it up. Once he had a tight grip, he tossed it to the side.

     Shen May was thrown off, landing near Jason's feet while Rae and Leon fell to another bridge further away. Leon caught on way lower than Rae did, Rae holding onto a metal bar near where the two bridges were separated while Leon was holding onto the very end, dangling dangerously over the bubbling acid.

     As they were holding on, Shun May's pained scream echoed through the room. "Shen May!" Rae cried out, trying to catch a better look at the scene. She found Jason's hand curled viciously around Shen May's wrist which was bent at an unnatural angel.