The demon lets his hand run over her hair, down her bare back. Her embarrassment crashes down on her and there's nothing she can do anymore about the tears that run down her burning cheeks. Sobbing, she hangs over his shoulders and he holds her a little tighter.

"It's okay, babygirl" he whispers eventually and she shakes her head, doesn't wanna hear his made-up excuses.

But...did she imagine it, or had this pleasured him too? She remembers his growls so low in her ear, his hardness between her legs.

"I want you to listen to me!" he says. "When Lucifer created hell... he felt pretty lonely down there..." he suddenly begins to explain in a soft, low voice while she leans on his bare shoulder, her blood-soaked hand next to her face. "So he created demons to keep him company. But like for so many others after him, it wasn't enough. He wanted more. So he gave demons special abilities to get more people to hell. Demons like me were created to lure humans into the underworld. We are every human's fantasies and sex, or lust in general, is a perfect way to get them..." he pauses and Anya moves her hand on his shoulder, signaling to him she's listening.
"But demons always need consent to bring people to hell—a contract, and that wasn't good enough ... so Lucifer created more creatures out of demons like me. Vampires, werewolves and others were designed to get people into the underworld without consent. One bite is enough for them to turn people, make them a part of hell, whether they like it or not..."

Anya never thought out of all creatures of the underworld, demons would be the ones with the most integrity.

"The original task—making people part of hell—kind of has been forgotten over time... except for us crossroad demons of course."

Again he pauses and strokes her bare back gently. Taking a deep breath, she moves her head a little and suddenly spots a part of a tattoo on his back. Lettering and roses. Fascinated, she lets her fingertips glide over it, feeling goosebumps rising across his skin.

"Um..." he groans pleasantly at her actions before taking up the story again. "That's why my venom heals people and drives them crazy while the venom of other creatures is fatal. We're like failed first tries... ironically, still the most powerful..."

Magnus's words cross her mind.

"What am I to you?" she mumbles against his shoulder, her eyes and fingertips still on his tattoo. "Just some human you have to lure to hell?"

A desperate sigh escapes his throat and he lays his hands on her shoulder.

"Look at me, babygirl!"

Reluctantly, she lets him pull her back but she still doesn't dare to look at him, so he tilts her chin up until she is forced to look him in the eye.

"If I only wanted to lure you to hell I would've done it, right?" he says softly. "And I wouldn't try so hard to keep you away from there."

It's true. And Magnus said too that Kyun's behavior irritates him. Every inch of her body wants to ask what he wants to do with her, but she's too scared to hear the answer. So she remains silent and nods.

"I'm sorry that you had to learn about the impact of my venom like this. I was hoping to show it to you in a different way." He smirks weakly. "Never meant to make you feel uncomfortable..."

How can this teasing ass have such soft moments?

"Thank you..." she mumbles when she realizes that he literally just saved her life—again. "Sucking my blood must've been disgusting for you as well."

Kyun huffs a laugh. "Vampires are a subculture of demons. The blood-sucking was our thing first, as a part of the lure. But eventually, we didn't have a use for this anymore..." He shakes his head. "What I'm trying to say is: your blood tasted incredible, even with vampire venom in it. That's why I could barely stop." He bites his lip. "Sorry for that. I would've liked to spare you from drinking my blood but I kinda lost control..."

Anya feels the heat shooting into her cheeks.

"Thank you!" she whispers. "But your blood was disgusting as fuck!"

This time Kyun roars with laughter and she can't help but watch him in awe.

He's so beautiful.

For a long moment, she looks into his crimson eyes that gaze so softly at her. He will never be as open again as he's now. She knows that.

"What did you sell your soul for? Who was she?" she blurts and his eyes widen, surprised.

"Magnus..." he groans as he seems to realize where Anya got this information from.

Sighing, he looks at her. "She was my momma..."

Her jaw drops. "What?" This isn't what she expected at all!

"She was very sick. I wanted to save her..."

"How old were you?"

"Just the same as you were!" he says and she gulps heavily.

"Sixteen?"

He nods and tightens the grip around her waist. So he was only a child that couldn't stand the thought of his beloved mother dying.

"That's why I knew it was a bad idea when you wanted to make a deal. Death is part of life. You'll lose that person eventually anyway," he explains. "Or they'll leave you..." he adds, whispering, and softly nudges her nose with his.

She wishes she'd known back then what kind of person Henry was.

Suddenly, the door opens and Anya flinches, holding tight on Kyun as her head jerks over her shoulder.

Magnus.

"S-sorry!" he says sheepishly and lifts the purse she dropped when the vampires captured her. "How are you?"

"Better" she says, her voice weak and she looks at Kyun, who pulls her a little closer again.

"I'm sorry that I didn't take care of you the way I promised..." he whispers. "Let me take you home."

Anya feels another pang in her chest. She doesn't wanna go home, cause going home means going home alone. She doesn't want to separate from Kyun already. Even though he will show up again sooner or later anyway. But she's scared he won't be as soft then as he is now.

"No... no, I wanna stay!" she says and shakes her head.

Kyun furrows his brows. "What?"

With shaky hands, she buttons up his shirt, pulls up his jacket, and tightens his tie.

"Yeah, I mean, not here, but maybe we can... go to a human bar?"

Magnus gasps with delight behind them. "A human bar! Oh, mind if we come along? This will be so much fun!"

Smiling, she nods at the warlock before her eyes meet Kyun's again.

"Are you sure, babygirl?" he asks, his brows furrowed. "People might notice you there!"

"Yes!" Tenderly, she kisses his cheek before climbing off his lap. "Better that than getting bitten by another vampire!"

Kyun gets up too, smirking, wraps his around her waist, and pulls her closer, so close that she feels his breath on her face again. "But if you did, then we could repeat what just happened..."