"At least, Ronnikins, you will finally get near to a pair," George retorts back. "Have a good feel while you can, little brother."

Oh good God this is so humiliating.

"There will be no groping or experimenting!" Mad-Eye demands. "You drink it, change into the clothing from the bags I have just given to you, and then we move. Understand?!"

"I don't see why Kingsley couldn't have just Apparated me," I grumble sulkily. "Dumbledore did last year."

"Because you still have the trace on you!" Mad-Eye growls. "This is the only way!"

"But my birthday is literally in a few hours time!" I point out. "The minute I turn eighteen I'll lose the trace!"

"Doesn't matter, it has to be now or never. It's been planned for weeks."

A hand lays gently on my shoulder. "Let him do this, Harri," Arthur murmurs quietly behind me. "He's near retirement age and just wants one last hoorah in his career."

I look over at the line up waiting to turn into me: Fleur, Ron, Hermione, Fred and George. On the end is Mundungus looking as sulky about this mission as I feel.

Mad-Eye walks down the line, making sure everyone has a swig of Polyjuice Potion. As Fred takes his, his gaze meets mine, and I feel my heart painfully skip a beat.

It is the freakiest thing in the world seeing them all turn into me. And when they start undressing, I feel utterly horrified. At least Hermione and Fleur will be wearing bras - but the boys?!

"Ugh, don't look at me Bill!" Fleur cries. "I am hideous!"

That bitch. I want to pull her hair if only it wasn't mine.

"Please, stop!" I yell as Ron is about to lift his t-shirt up and reveal my very naked chest to the room. "Please, keep your t-shirts on! Surely the robes Mad-Eye has provided can go over them?!"

"She's got a point," says one of me. And my heart races because that voice is definitely Fred's. "And she's a right to some dignity."

I throw him/me an appreciative look. It's so bizarre looking into my eyes, like some sort of freaky mirror. I wonder briefly what it would be like to kiss Fred as me? And then my face heats because I haven't allowed myself to think about kissing Fred for a long time and I am shocked at how much my body reacts to the mere thought.

I don't know how I'm going to survive the summer being around him. And then there's Bill and Fleur's wedding. Will he dance with other girls in front of me? Has he got a date lined up for it? Will he dance with me?

Questions and scenarios flood my mind - so much so that I don't even register everyone is ready to set off until Mad-Eye orders us out to the front garden.

I linger back, wanting to say one last goodbye to the place which was once my prison but also my home.

I go out to the landing and touch a hand to the door of the cupboard under the stairs.

"Goodbye," I whisper. My chest hurts and I feel a tear fall down my cheek. I can't believe I am feeling this way. It's so fucked up.

I turn my back on my old prison, and startle as I see a figure in the threshold of the open front door, watching me.

It's me.

"Of course you'll feel sad about saying goodbye." Fred's voice speaks from my lips. "It was your home, after all."

I look away, feeling too disturbed by what is going on.

"Let's just go, hey?" I say, keeping my eyes firmly on the ground as I pick up Hedwig's cage.

Fred doesn't move, and I find I have to move right past him. Instead I'm walking right past me - and yet he sounds and smells like Fred.

A hand touches my back and I freeze. Don't look up, don't look up.

"Good luck out there, Harri."

I swallow, silently wishing for him to remove his - my - hand from my back. "Yes, and you." I say quickly.

"HARRI!" Hagrid calls, saving me from this excruciating uncomfortable moment, "over 'ere! I've made the sidecar nice and comfy for yer."

I look at the massive motorbike on the front lawn in horror. "We're not going on a broomstick?" I ask.

Hagrid laughs, deep and booming. "Those twigs won't hold me up! Now come on."

I hear Fred chuckle softly behind me as I shakily make my way towards my godfather's motorcycle.

Moments later, I'm tucked inside the sidecar with Hedwig nestled safely at my feet.

"Are you ready, Harri?" Hagrid asks, revving up the loud engine.

No, but here goes nothing.

******