The World Beyond The Veil

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P Lovecraft

Bold: Important note to the story

Italic: Important message to a specific character or event

"Message" Inhuman Speech

"Message" Speech

'Message' Thought's

|Boom!| Noise/sound effect

Before we start this new book, I feel the need to say this as a disclaimer.

This book will NOT be for the faint of heart or weak of stomach. There will be scenes that may make some people uncomfortable or disturbed.

There will be an abundance of Blood/Gore, Psychological Trauma, Self-Harm, mentions of Suicide, Graphic Violence, Heavy Brutality, Horrific creatures, and many more disturbing elements.

You have been warned.....

-----------------------------------------------

In the vast world of Remnant, many secrets lie hidden in plain sight.

Unaware of it, most humans do not know what hides amongst them or in the far reaches of the world.

Beasts and creatures of fantastical origin walk the planet while preying on humanity. From a Dragon to a Lindworm, a Troll or a Yeti, or even the feared Vampire, these things lurk just beyond a Twilight Veil that wanes in the restless hours of night.

The Humans in power do all they can to keep knowledge of this hidden world from the public, using Monster Hunters to fight against the denizens of night.

Now, in the year 1307 of Remnant, a young girl must learn how to survive and thrive as a new denizen of a hidden world where monsters commit unspeakable acts every passing day.

Will she remain blooming? Or will her stem be cut short?

Welcome to Petals Shorn, A Rose Lost to The Twilight Veil.

Night was creeping upon the cobblestone streets of Vale proper, long shadows twisting and writhing against the tall concrete buildings as the sun bled out its last rays of vibrant light before seemingly dying.

A biting chill wormed its way through the air as the world lost the blissful warmth of the sun. The cries of beady eyed Crows and Ravens sitting atop buildings and trees echoed evilly as moonlight soon washed over everything, bathing the world in an ethereal silver glow

Neon signs sitting in the windows of shops winked out as the owners shut everything down for the night. The lights inside most places down this stretch of Vale cutting out as the world suddenly seemed very empty, save for the random souls that lived solely in these twilight hours.

With small |Pop's!| the street lights hummed into life every ten or so yards, bathing the road below in an orange glow that barely lifted the veil of darkness that hung over everything The trees that stood alongside the roads seemed to take on a more ghastly appearance, their tall and large bodies moaning with the gentle breeze coursing over them.

The sky was a sharp jet black with clouds covering huge swaths of the endless domain, while the shattered moon appeared and disappeared behind the clouds swimming through the sky. Few stars were out this night, with only one or two full constellations visible to the naked eye.