6. Wren

"Say, go through the darkest of days, heaven's a heartbreak away. Never let you go, never let me down" - Drake

Thursday, 16th of November.

...........

I look at my red knuckles as my grip around the steering wheel tightens, thinking about what I should tell my brothers if any of them are back home. I'm driving on my way home right now. My mother called last night, asking me if I could be so kind to come back and help her with some "wedding shopping" if I'm free on the weekend.

Yeah right. That was always my mother's way of saying, if you don't come, I will keep guilt tripping you till the day you die.

"Hey, you sure you're gonna be okay? You're soon to be step sisters are going to be there too right?" George asked, concerned about me as usual.

She has been on a call with me for about 3 hours and a half, basically since I left the institution this morning. That's why y'all need a best friend like George.

"Yeah, don't worry about it girl, maybe they will be those cool and quiet people who won't hate my mom or annoy me to hell?"

"Yeah well, thats only in shows like modern family, not real life Ree Ree"

I laugh a bit, though it doesn't last long as I find myself already a few blocks away from my house, or I would rather say, my mansion.

"G... I'm gonna have to call you later." I said, already dreading this decision.

"Already? It only felt like 10 min! Anyways, good luck bitch, you're gonna need it"

"Later." I say before pressing the end button.

I enter the huge gates, saluting the guards that I've known since I was 10. I guess its not that bad to be home. I park in my spot, but I don't enter right away. I need to prepare myself for this. I grip the steering wheel harder as I put my head down.

"Come on Wren, get your shit together" I tell myself.

Taking a deep breath, I finally let go of my car.

Walking to the front door, I spot one different car, one that I know my father would never buy. Shit. That means we have company.

I take another breath as I am about to open the door, but somebody does it for me. The door opens, reveling a girl about 7 or 8 centimeters taller than me . She was wearing a white and sage green crop top with some blue flared jeans and Nike air forces. Her black long hair was half tied into a ponytail by a clip.

She stared at me some more before "telling me to come in", which made my face contort into an annoyed expression.

"Well how nice of you to invite me into my own house" I replied as I entered, not bothering to take off my shoes by the entrance.

Instead of giving me some snarky comment though, she started laughing?

"Well aren't you a delight? Damn bitch! Honestly, if you had kept quiet or thanked me or something, I would have labeled you as a-"

"Goodness gracious Wren!! You actually came!" She started before being cut off by my mom.

"Olà mãe" I tell her as she wraps her arms around me into a 2 second hug. My mom was never someone who loved, or perhaps tolerated hugs, but I guess she's trying her best.

"I'm very please that you came daughter, now onto the good stuff."

"Yes mom, I will go change immediately then we can head out"