Blast To The Past

Start from the beginning

A quick tap to the side of his head had his mask pulled up and over his head. At least now he could properly admire the neon colors and dark blue sky.

"So many people." He sat down on the edge of the roof and pulled out the photo Master Leonardo gave to him. On the front was a photo of all of the turtles when they were younger. In the middle of them was April.

"How am I gonna save them all, Sensei?" He felt movement below him and saw Bee reaching out to the photo. A small smile formed on his face and he held the picture a little closer to his little sister.

"See them, Bee? Those are your brothers. Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Master Leonardo." Recognition lit up in her eyes and she smiled.

"Leo! Gelo!" He chuckled and nodded at her. It was unfortunate she never got to properly know all of her brothers. Donatello and Raphael had died just before she really began talking, almost two months before they had been found. And April died a bit before they had.

...Wait, April! He brought the photo close to his face and let his mask fall over his face again. Bee was a little upset at having the photo snatched from her but Casey needed to see the photo. His scanner looked at every detail of the photo. The scanner honed in on the book in her arms.

'EastLaird University.' At the bottom of his vision, the words 'A new goal' appeared. 'Find April.' And according to his tech, he could find her at Washington Square.

"Hold on tight Bee, we're going to have to find April quickly." Thankfully, she decided to listen and she gripped onto his cape.

Casey held out his arm and shot his grappling hook as far as it could go.

~*~

The turtles weren't sure what to make of the whole situation going on. One moment, Leo and Raph had been fighting and the next April came rushing in dragging an unconscious human guy and a baby. They were quick to tie the guy down to a seat after hearing he was sneaking up on her. And now they weren't sure what to do.

This whole time the baby had been crying and it was starting to get on everyone's nerves.

"Dad, you know how to take care of babies. Can you please calm her down?" Raph had his hands over his eardrums.

"I don't know how to take care of human babies! April, do something."

"Just because I'm human doesn't mean I know how to take care of a human baby! Donnie do you-" April cut herself off when she noticed that Donnie was trying his best to drown out the baby's cries by blasting music through his headphones.

"April pleeease just try something! I don't think I can take this much longer." One would've thought Mikey was having some sort of crisis the way he was holding his ears and rolling around on the ground.

And Leo was just staring at the baby in April's arms instead of doing anything to help.