•• Chapter Forty ••

ابدأ من البداية

———

  "Is this really going to work?" Vivian asked Stefan, as they made their way back to the Salvatore mansion. The thought of Stefan regaining his freedom brought her joy, and the idea of not having Klaus's threat looming over her head anymore brought her absence of peace. Stefan glanced at her as they walked in the darkness, the house not far in sight as they made their way.

"You know," he started, a question that'd been buzzing in his head since she showed up was threatening its way out, and he couldn't help but let it. "Why'd you stay? Why did you follow us, Klaus and me, I mean, even when I told you and Damon to leave?"

Vivian stopped walking, her heals halted their clicks against the pavement quite abruptly. The question taking her aback. Why did she? Why did she do anything at this point? Why did she still care for them, when they clearly are having trouble accepting that the still, even if it's only a little bit. She knew the truth more than they were aware of.

"I think you know why." She muttered, crossing her arms over her chest, he turned to face her.

"Really?"

"Yep." She said, biting her cheek because her response was stupid. He smirked.

"You know, I find it kind of unfair that you've kissed Damon multiple times and not me. He's the one in love with Elena, not me."
Vivian blinked back, unsure of how to react to his words.

"One: do you really believe that? And two, Do...do we have the time for this?"

"You're probably right. But I'd still like an answer eventually."

"Right. I'm sure. And look, despite what you might think, I don't think Damon's in love with Elena." Vivian said, as they continued walking, not faster as they make it up the rocky driveway of the boarding house.

"Really?" Stefan muses.

"He's just...he needs something to hang onto. If not you, if not me, then the doppelgänger it is. But it's not going to last."

"Not of you have any say in it, that is?"

"Maybe." Vivian said, and as they reach the door, Stefan opens it for her and they enter.

"Change of plans." He announced, walking into the living room where Mikael and Damon wait, the older Salvator brother glanced towards Vivian, and she knew he must've heard at least a little of what was said, however she didn't care. Not at all.

"Klaus is back. He's at the Lockwoods'....and he wants your body delivered to his doorstep."

"I'm afraid he's in for a colossal disappointment." Mikael says.

"Well, its certainly unlikely he's going to come here." Vivian said, shaking her head. 

"I hope your plan didn't depend on that." Stefan says, looking to his brother.

"Good news, it didn't." Damon answered.

"But you do have a plan, right?"

"Oh, yeah. We got a plan. It just doesn't involve you." Damon said, to his brother. In a blink of an eye, Mikael moved quickly and grabbed Stefan's shoulders and hit his neck. Vivian stepped back and glanced towards Damon. He smirked an took a sip of his drink.