Melodramatic Memories

Start from the beginning

Honey: For now.

You raised a brow.

Abby: I told her about Monster High.

You smiled when you realized that Honey Swamp would soon be joining the school as your classmate. Still, you held out your hand which she took.

Y/N: I can't wait to share a class with you.

Honey: Maybe we can start a film club.

You both slipped your hands away and snapped. You liked finding people who thought like you. It was refreshing. Still, your time with her came to an end for now. You all stepped off the boat and onto the pier where you looked back.

Honey: Y'all be safe now. And I'm rooting for ya!

You all waved at her as you walked off towards the Black Forest itself. Now this wasn't to be confused with the other Black Forest. The one in Germany. This one was.....different.

The trees that grew here were actually black. The bark and the wood itself. This place once belonged to a powerful coven of witches before they were hunted down by witch hunters a long time ago. Their last defying act was cursing the forest itself. Legend had it that if you went too deep into the woods you would begin to see visions of your worst nightmares.

It was why it was often avoided. You were fine for now, but the way around the woods would add another two days on your trip. They would be pushing it, so you had been studying other ways around it. Not a whole lot of options, but you were getting desperate here.

Veronica: So, what happens now?

Y/N: What happens is we get as deep into the forest as we can. After that, we'll start to walk along the edge. That should shave off at least a day.

Abby: And if it doesn't?

You stopped and looked back at the two. You thought about it for a moment before shrugging.

Y/N: Bummer. Let's go.

You started off while the two watched. Veronica looked to Abby who simply sighed.

Abby: He is still a stupid boy.

Still, she followed. Veronica was left standing alone, until she heard something crack. She then quickly ran to catch up with you.
-----------
Draculaura sat at the end of a very long table. Her friends ate breakfast in silence while Lord Stroker whispered to his assistant. Draculaura couldn't find an appetite. Lord Stroker noticed this and sent his assistant away.

Stroker: Draculaura, you should eat. A queen shouldn't be so...thin.

Cleo looked almost offended while Robecca and Clawdeen looked to their friend.

Draculaura: I'm just not hungry.

Stroker bit his tounge to refrain from saying anything he was thinking. Instead he set down his knife and fork and began to clean his mouth. After tossing the napkin onto the table, he stood up and began to walk towards the future Vampire Queen.

Stroker: Now, I understand you are in a state of....mourning, but you have to start thinking about your future. If you are to become queen, you must come to realize that loss is......inevitable.

He finally reached her and placed his hands on her shoulder, making her go stiff. Clawdeen let out a low growl which told him not to touch her. He pulled away and showed his hands to show he meant no harm. For now, at least.

Stroker: Losing a dear friend will always hurt. I've lost many myself.

Draculaura looked up at the older vampire.