Chapter 4

"Let's go then, Reina!" Iruma grabs my hand and walks away.

"A-about Grandpa's offer, um are you -" I cut him off before he can finish. "My answer is yes." I say in a calm tone.

"Really!? Then that makes us siblings now, right?" Iruma questions. I giggle at his excitement.

"Yep! That makes you my Onii-Chan! Since I'm younger than you by a week." I exclaime in joy. Iruma freezes for a second.

'Hmm? Is he mad? What'd I say!?' I start internally panicking. Iruma started to continue on our way to school, but he looked deep in thought. I stick close behind him.

IRUMA POV:

'I have a younger sister now.. As the older sibling, I should protect her, right? But I don't have enough strength to even defend myself here!!' I notice Reina sticking close behind me.

'She must be terrified. Don't worry. I know exactly how you feel.' As we approach the front gates of the school, I spot Asmodeus.

"Iruma-sama! I have waited exactly 6 hours and 6 minutes!" Asmodeus greets.

"Good morning, Asmodeus- Wait! Six hours!?" I asked, shocked. "Yes, sir. Within the pitch black of the witching hour." Asmodeus bows.

"Ummm, Onii-Chan? We should head inside.." Reina says nervously. Asmodeus now takes notice of Reina.

"How dare you stand so close to Iruma-sama!! Back away immediately!" Asmodeus prepares some fireballs. Reina flinches and steps back.

"Wait! This is my baby sister! Her name is Reina and she'll be going to school with us! Please be nice to her!" I get in between them. Asmodeus freezes for a moment.

"Baby sister? I humbly apologize for my impudence! It's a pleasure to meet you, Reina-sama!" Asmodeus bows down 8n shame.

"It's quite alright!! You can stand up now! It's nice to meet you, Asmodeus!" Reina steps in front of Asmodeus and puts out her hand for him to grab.

"Please call me Azz!" Azz takes her hand and stands up. An idea then blossomed in my mind.

'What if Azz protects Reina! He can help me make sure she's safe!' I grab Azz and walk a little ways from Reina so she can't hear us.

"Azz, can you protect Reina for me? She's very shaken up. This is all new to her, so I want you to help her as much as possible!" I whisper to Azz. His eyes start sparkling as he bows.

"I shall protect Mistress Reina with my life!" He said. He immediately goes to Reina's side to guard her. I join them as we stroll into the building.

"Umm, so can you tell me where we're going again?" I ask. Azz smiles.

"Well, first of all, we're in the same group! Today, we'll be summoning our familiar." Azz states.

"Familiars?" I ask. Azz explains that it's a tradition of the school to summon magical beasts to become their subordinates and that climbing the ranks leads to academic success.

'I wonder if familiars also eat humans..' Reina holds my hand. I turn to her, and she gives me a reassuring smile. I smile back.

REINA POV:

'I hope Kalego doesn't end up hating me, too.' I internally cry. As we enter the summoning hall, I start to feel my confidence disappear.

I completely zone out of whatever Azz and Onii-Chan are talking about as I notice Eiko. 'Poor Eiko, she just wants to thank Onii-Chan..' I sigh.