Chapter 3

"Opera, you're back later than usual!~ I was starting to get worri-hmmm? Who's that?" Sullivan inquires. I walk over to the couch and set her down.

"I found her in the forest, I believe that she may be human." I say calmly. Sullivan looked at the girl curiously before a smile graced his face.

"This is wonderful!! Now, Iruma-kun can have a sister to bond with!~ To think that I'll be able to have not only a grandson but a granddaughter as well!" Sullivan coos.

"We'd need her consent first." I say. Sullivan looks dejected for a moment before composing himself.

"I'll have to try my best at convincing her then! Opera, prepare a room for my granddaughter.~" Sullivan says in a sing-song voice.

"Of course." I bow my head and carry my soon to be mistress to the bedroom across from Master Iruma's room. Luckily, the room had already been cleaned, so all there was to do was tuck her into bed.

"I should ask her how she wants her room to be decorated when she gets up!" Sullivan bounces around in glee.

"What happens if she wants to go back to the human realm?" I ask. Sullivan looks at me for a moment before saying, "She won't." I leave it there since I know he won't say any more than that.

NEXT MORNING
REINA POV:

*yawn* "That was refreshing." I sit up and rub my eyes. 'The mattress is so soft-wait mattress!?' I panic as I realize I am no longer in the woods, but rather in someone's bedroom. 'Wtf happened while I was sleeping!?' I hop out of the king-sized bed.

"Time to wake up!~" Someone barges into the room. I take a good look at the man, now realizing that I'm in the Sullivan mansion and that the man who barged in is actually Sullivan.

"It seems you're already awake! You must be confused!~" Sullivan coos. 'Damn right, I'm confused.' I glare at him for an explanation.

"How mean!~ My butler Opera found you in the woods and brought you here. And I have a proposition for you!" He explains.

"Proposition?" I inquire. 'Opera brought me here? Did he know I was half human?' I drop my glare and sit down on the bed.

"Yes! You see, since you're a human and you don't have anywhere to go, I thought it'd be good if you were to become my granddaughter and live here!~ I have a human grandson named Iruma! Ohhhh! The thought of having a granddaughter!!" Sullivan exclaimes.

'So they do know my situation. Living as Sullivan's granddaughter? That means I'll get to go to Bablys, right? I wouldn't have to worry about food and water. But then I'd be messing with the plot.' I think to myself. Opera walks in.

"Mistress, it's time for breakfast. We can continue this conversation later." Opera interrupts my thoughts.

'Scew the plot! I get to live with Opera!!' I make up my mind and follow Opera to the dining room. When we arrive, I notice Iruma-kun at the table. He looks our way, and we make eye contact. We freeze.

"Iruma-kun~, how did you sleep?" Sullivan asks in his chibi form. Iruma breaks eye contact with me and asks what first comes to mind.

"Who's that?" Iruma asks. I tense up. 'What if he hates me? Will he even want a sister?' I start to overthink. Sullivan beams at the question.

"This is Reina-Chan! She's a human like you! We were discussing her becoming my granddaughter and your sister!" Sullivan is now surrounded by hearts and sparkles in his chibi form as he talks.

IRUMA POV:

'She's a human too!? Did Grandpa buy her like me? She's shaking now that I look at her... She must be as terrified as me. It'd be nice to have a sibling. We could help each other survive this place!' I start eating as I'm thinking about what Grandpa said.

"Reina-Chan!~ You should eat!" Grandpa says. I look at Reina and notice that she has yet to touch her food. 'I can understand her hesitance. The food here does look rather... Unappetizing.'

"It may look like that, but I promise it tastes really good!" I encourage her with my mouth full. She looks at me and then at her food. She slowly grabs the fork and takes a little bite from her portion.

REINA POV:

'This looks so much more disgusting in real life!' I don't touch my food till I hear Iruma's encouragement. I take a tiny bite, and boy, was it good. My eyes sparkle in delight. I start to dig in.

"Some hell, gray tea." Opera pours me some tea. I never actually tried tea before, so I was happy to drink it. It was refreshing. I finish my plate and watch as Iruma eats plate after plate of food.

"Iruma, how long have you been Sullivan's grandson?" I need to know where in the plotline we're in.

"Hmm? Today would be my second day of staying here, I guess." Iruma finishes eating.

"Iruma-kun~, I got you some presents for starting school! I hope you like it!" Sullivan shows off the pile of presents. Iruma spits out some of his tea.

"But you already gave me so much!" Iruma says frantically.

"That was to celebrate you becoming my grandson!! This is for starting school!" Sullivan explains. 'His chibi form is quite adorable.'

I zone out of their conversation and look at Opera. 'I wanna touch their ears.' I walk over to them and tap their shoulder. They look at me.

"Yes, mistress?" They ask.

"Can I touch your ears?" I ask bluntly. They look at me for a moment before putting their head down so I can reach. I smile and start rubbing their ears. "It's so fluffy!" I coo. Opera then started to. Fucking. Purr. It was adorable!!

"Reina-Chan! You should head to school with Iruma-kun!" Sullivan interrupts my inner-fangirling.

"Wait, what? I haven't even said that I'd be your granddaughter. Why sign me up for school, and how did you even manage to get me in so fast?" I ask.

"Anything for my soon to be granddaughter! You can make up your mind after school! If you don't want to, then I'll respect your decision." Sullivan says.

'This is going to be a long year...' I sigh.