------------------------------------------------------

Hangar's Apartment

67th Street, District 2

3:38 AFTN

------------------------------------------------------

Krass and his assistant Jerry got off the elevator and looked around the place. After searching the floor, they find the number "303" hanging on a door, indicating that it's Sertino's room. As Krass took a deep breath, he knocks on the door 3 times before backing away.

"Hello? Anybody home?" he called out to him.

It looked like the place was empty, until they heard a loud thud inside the room, presumably from an heavy object falling onto the floor. Krass knocks on the door again to confirm whether or not someone was in there.

"That was loud," his assistant Jerry remarked. "I guess someone's inside?"

Seconds later, the sounds of metal locks opening can be heard outside by them both.  The door opened, but still bound by a chain lock from the inside. The man inside the room peeked out and saw the visitors.

"Sertino Valon? We're here to talk," Krass said with a serious face. 

"W-Who are you? If you came here to bribe me, I won't speak!" Sertino exclaimed with eyes of suspicion. 

Krass stood firmly and spoke. "I'm Krass Vectian, a member of the Magical Investigations Bureau, and this is my assistant, Jerry. We came here today to ask you about your knowledge about the Crest of Griffonvale. It's reported that you conducted research on this artifact years ago, right?"

"Do you have evidence to support these claims?"

Silence filled the area for a moment as Sertino thought about his response. Eventually, he admitted. 

"Yes, I did some experiments or research on that item."

Satisfied with his confirmation, Krass urged him to let them inside so they could further discuss the matter. After a brief moment of thinking, he made the decision to unfasten the chain lock, allowing Krass and Jerry to step inside the apartment room.

Entering, they were surprised to find the surroundings unusually tidy and clean. An extreme difference from their previous experiences when entering a room for raids or interrogations.

"It's quite clean," Krass remarked. "I'm sorry about this, but I previously thought that your place might've been like a dump. I'm just used to seeing rooms filled up with useless documents or trash."

Sertino chuckled. "Hah, I guess that's an experience you'll never forget when you work for the agency."

Reaching the living room, Sertino gestured for them to take a seat on the couches in front of them. They settled down, making themselves comfortable while the man goes to the kitchen to make some drinks for them both.

Minutes later, Sertino returns to them while carefully balancing a tray with cups of steaming tea and a pot on top. Alongside, he also carried cubes of sugar on a small circular plate on the other hand.

Sertino placed the tray on the table and spoke, "Please, help yourselves."

Krass became a bit suspicious about the offering the man gave to them. Aware of the risks, he decides to activate his ability called "Inspect", which scans the things in front of him for any sign of danger; like poisonous chemicals, concealed weapons, or curses implanted on an object. Fortunately, he didn't find anything that can threaten their lives, so he blows out a sighs in relief.