"I thought we would have some private time alone," Karma mutters under his breath. But he smiles as he sees his classmates after a while since the island trip.

I sigh. "Is that the only thing in your mind?"

He smirks. I take that as a yes.

Isogai meets my eyes and smiles. I smile back at him, but the sight of him pricks my heart. Even though he openly accepted my confession but somehow my instincts told me he was sad for some time. It is fast for him to recover and able to give me his radiant smile when I'm with Karma. At least Isogai doesn't loathe us. The unbending friendship is what I'm grateful of. Even though he says he'll be there when I need him, I hope that he can find someone else who will love him. I wish my good friend happiness.

"The first on the itinerary is.... Roller Coaster of Hell!" yells the overexcitedly blonde, pumping her fists in the air. She pores through the colourful directory she took from the entrance.

"H-hell?" Manami quakes slightly at the word and she hooks her arm through Kanzaki's, prompting the Madonna to smile. Sugino looks slightly disheartened. I bet he wanted to be the one hooking Kanzaki's arm.

The mischievous blonde immediately pulls me with her as she runs towards the prominent red tracks looming over us. I watch as the roller coaster spins 360 degree three times and plunges down. Squeals and shrieks tear the air, disheartening the onlookers.

"Are you sure?" Maehara's face pales as he watches the roller coaster spinning in high speed.

"Are you boys chicken? Let's go!" Rio prompts and continues to drag me with her. Thankfully the line is short and it takes us only 5 minutes till our turn. I expect to sit with Rio but she glances at me, giving me a hint through her gaze.

Go sit with him.

And she plops her butt onto the seat next to Megu. The blonde smirks while Megu sighs, giving me an apologetic look. But her gaze hardens and orders me to do what Rio told me.

Are you two seriously ganging up on me now?

I turn to find in surprise that Kanzaki is with Manami—poor Sugino—while Rinka is with Fuwa. Even Kaede is coupled with Nagisa. Sugino sits with Isogai, looking disheartened as ever. Hinata sits with the terrified Maehara, who shifts constantly in his seat, prompting her to hit him in the head and calm him down. Before I can react to the sudden isolation Karma has grabbed my hand and pulls me to the seat behind Hinata and Maehara. We have to squeeze with each other since the seats are tiny. Our legs and arms are touching each other. The intimacy almost made me blush but the subject of my attention is Karma's silence. He hasn't said a word but turns his head to aside to avoid eye contact. I spot a blush creeping up to his face.

He's being shy? How cute.

When the safety bar is pushed down, the roller coaster starts its journey to hell. Like its typical siblings, the roller coaster ascends slowly then takes us by surprise with a long plunge. 360 degree loops follow next and another plunge to hell, living up to its name. I scream throughout the entire journey with excitement. Karma's laughter catches my attention as he spreads his arms wide. Pure enjoyment etched on his face, laughing happily without stopping to take a breath. It is the laughter of a child, light and unadulterated.

I want to hear more of that laughter.

The melody of his laughter would have been perfect if not for the perpetual screaming from Maehara, who clings to Hinata as if his life depends on it. Hinata's face twists in embarrassment but doesn't push him away. Her face blossoms in pink.

When the roller coaster comes to a halt, I realize the time span is too short for me to enjoy more of Karma's laughter. I want to go again but seeing Maehara's sickened face makes me reconsider. Rio gives me a furtive thumbs-up, believing she has closed the gap between me and Karma further. I sigh in defeat.