Vol 3 : Chapter 3-The Masked Twins.

Start from the beginning

"So if I use the same technique...I could improve massively like him?" Isolate asked enthusiastically.

Kiyotaka POV:

"That differs from person to person. I don't believe that I have seen some who can adapt as fast as Ayanokoji..however using the technique over a long period of time would help you to improve massively." As a white room student this skill was one of the essential to survive as the learning pace in the white room is simply inhuman, implying this method was the only way you could keep up.

"Matshita, what do you think is his second mistake?"

"It's Matsushita, and how should I know?"

Reida sighed

"Since the Water God Style has a few ways to attack, we use the art of provocation to throw our opponent off guard. Alric was furious from the start and got even angrier when Ayanokouji performed his stance. Letting this emotion run wild will only cause your loss."

"Understood." Surprisingly Matsushita took her advice.

"Now Isolate, pick up your sword. Your next opponent will be Ayanokoji."

"H-huh?" This caught Isolate totally off guard.

"Don't let me repeat myself."

Time skip

After less than 5 minutes Isolate laid on the floor painting and my sword was thrust on her face.

"Alaric, do you see the difference between you and Ayanokoji?"

"Allow me to apologise, but I see no different."

"Even though Isolate is merely an advanced tier swordswomen, Ayanokoji analysed every movement of her over the last 5 minutes, isn't that correct?" She asked while looking at me.

I just nodded.

"Why would he do that?" Asked Alaric with a confused face.

"Learning your opponent's mistakes and avoiding them is also one of the skills that you need to have to attain high levels in Water God Sword Style."

Alaric was once again lost in thought and after a moment of silence he walked toward me and bowed down in apologetic manner.

"I apologise for my arrogance." Without even explaining himself, Alaric performed this half-assed apology.

I accepted his apologies and we agreed to have another duel on a later date.

"Ayanokoji get ready, as in one month from now we will hold a sword ceremony?"

"A sword ceremony?" I repeated Reida's words.

"That's right, you will be facing 5 different opponents one after another and based on your performance I can grant you the title of Water King."

"Understood."

"That goes for you two, you can also advance to the next rank." Reida informed Matsushita and Isolate who looked quite sad in the corner of the room.

1 months later

Today was the day of the sword ceremony where I will be facing 5 opponents one after another. This was the only chance that I will have to advance to the next stage. All 5 of my opponents were king tier with a different amount of experience.

The person with the least experience will go first and the one with the most experience will be my last opponent.

The ceremony was held outside the Judo in what looked like a small stadium with a couple of viewers.