Vol 3 : Chapter 3-The Masked Twins.

Start from the beginning

However this was still our first duel so there was no reason to make a rash judgement..

As my thoughts kept running, Matsushita mouth kept running requesting another duel with me.

Time skip

Several days passed and I have already analysed my opponent after my third consequence defeat.

"Haven't you had enough of all your analysis Ayanokoji?" I was now receiving a feedback from Reida which she would normally not do whatsoever.

"Analysis?" Alaric repeated Reida's words with a confused expression.

"Listen all three of you, this is an important lesson." With a loud voice Reida grabbed Matsushita and Isolate attention. "The only way to improve is by observing, analysing and implying."

"I don't understand." Isolate looked confused with Alaric too but Matsushita seemed to know what she meant, as this was a common method used on Earth.

"Let me explain." Even though Reida was short-tempered, she was a perfect teacher and she was always patient with all her students. "Ayanokoji's first duel against Alaric could be summarised by him only going on the offensive while his opponent was on the defensive... His second duel Ayanokoji was on the defensive while Alaric was on the offensive....and the last duel was a combination of the two. Why do you think he would follow such a pattern?" Reida finished her speech with a simple question.

"To analyse his opponent and improve both offensive and defensive." Matsushita answered the question easily.

"Correct." It seems Reida is more perspective than what I expected, that was to be expected after all she had taught students for many years.

"Are you saying he is taking it easy on me?" Alaric immediately jumped into conclusion with a hint of anger in his tone.

"Wrong, the method used by Ayanokoji is not to look down on anyone but to learn from your opponent as much as you can." As Reida explained this Alaric was lost in thought and soon after he requested a duel.

"I will allow it." Reida didn't decline Alaric's request and now Me and Alaric were face to face for the second time today.

3rd POV

"Begin." The water God Reida gave the signal for the duel to start.

Raging with anger Alaric the man who thought his opponent was looking down at him launched toward the calm boy who stood in his place with an elegant fighting pose and a wooden sword in his right arm.

Alaric's first move was to launch a vertical blow to Ayanokoji's head, a technique used to end the duel with the opponent knocked unconscious.

The boy simply shifted his body and dogged the blow and his next move was fast and precise enough to end the duel.

In a matter of seconds Ayanokoji's sword was pointed at Alaric's neck declaring him victorious.

"Wow.." Isolate couldn't hide her emotion.

On the other hand Reida was expecting this outcome and she had an indifferent expression.

Soon enough both students were seated on the ground waiting for their master guidance.

"Isolate what do you think?" Unlike every time where Reida was the one who always gives comments, she asked for her granddaughter's opinion.

"Amazing... it's like he is a different person!" Isolate shouted in amazement.

"This technique was simply harbord in the last three days, even though he was trained at a young age the precision was harboured only in the last three days. This is simply an example of the technique I mentioned." Ignoring her granddaughter's unrelated comment, Reida gave her own comment.