chapter 2

Chapter 2
____________________________________________

Shinchan wasn't fully asleep so he sat right up. Kazama also backed away, seeing shinchan awake. Kazama was scared of what might happen after his stupid action. He was so scared that he had an earthquake Inside his heart.
Shinchan didn't say anything. He was shocked, quiet and looked straight at kazama. And was too confused about what had just happened. There was an awkward silence between them and it was way too uncomfortable. Kazama wanted to break the silence, so he started talking first. "U-um shinchan, I-it's not what y-you're thinki-" Before he could finish what he was saying shinchan takes hig bag and lefts that place without saying anything.
Kazama felt terrible inside. He broke down into tears. He didn't try to stop shinchan because he knew he messed up big time and there's no way he could fix it right now.
He should have controlled himself. He had his heart controlled for all that time then why did he let his thoughts win. He hated himself so much inside that he couldn't explain. He started crying in regret, alone, near the same river where he lost his everything that day.

On the other hand, shinchan was running away, far away from that place, fully aware of how kazama might be shattering right now. But he was shocked , too shocked to say or do anything. So he ran away to think and process what happened. He went straight to his apartment and slammed against the door.
To his surprise instead of feeling bad or anything he found himself blushing hard.
"W-what's this feeling? Why is my heart beating so fast? What- what is happening to me? "
Shinchan found his heart beating at the speed of light. The only thing in his head was how soft and nice Kazama's lips felt against his. He kept thinking of him and only him. To his surprise he felt nice, and warm butterflies inside his stomach. He put his hand against his mouth to stop him from screaming in happiness.
HIS BEST FRIEND KISSED HIM! AND IT FELT HELLA AMAZING!!!!.

Kazama and Shinchan had always been playful. Though kazama never admitted he loved Shinchan's teasing. He loved how Shinchan always acted weird around him and always seemed to put a smile on his face unknowingly. Shinchan's playful nature had made a special place inside Kazama's heart.
Kazama had always liked Shinchan. But he realised it when they were in junior high. When Kazama found out about his feelings towards Shinchan, at first he tried to deny it. Saying how he could like someone who annoys him so much. But as he spent more time with Shinchan he understood that his feelings were real and not imaginary. He actually does like Shinchan. But with that realisation a fear also was born inside. The fear of losing his precious best friend because of those stupid feelings. So he kept all of it to himself, never letting anyone know anything.
But today, he messed up. He messed up big big time.
He let his thoughts win and he lost his best friend forever, at least that's what he thinks.

He went home late that night, feeling terrible inside. It felt as if his whole world is crahsing into pieces. Pieces he will never be able to piece together.

"Mom I'm home " He said, not looking up, voice cracking a little because of all the crying, eyes red and swollen because of those salty tears of pain.
As he was taking of his shoes a voice came from behind him startled him.
"Why did you come home this late? It's been waiting for three hours."

It's the same voice that he loved so dearly. The same voice he can listen to for his whole lifetime and still won't get tired. It's the voice of the same person he loved so dearly. It's the voice of the person he thought he lost today because of his simple stupid mistake.
Shinchan, it was Shinchan, his best friend.
The thought of having him here after that incident filled his heart with hope. With hope that maybe he isn't mad at him. With hope that maybe he didn't lose him totally. With hope that maybe, there's still a chance of fixing everything.