Chapter 8: Farewell Guren Forest

Start from the beginning

"Awesome Pokemon," Jennifer said, putting away her pokedex and putting the other two omelets on a plate for herself.

"Thanks, Chimchar was given to me by my father as my partner for my Pokemon journey, and of course, Foilpup joined me after helping save them," Diamond replied as Jennifer sent out two Pokemon, not including Starla."Your pokemon are excellent as well."

"They are Starla, the child of my mom's two Persain but ended up taking after her mom, the Solan Persian, while her dad, a Kanto Persian," Jennifer said, passing bowls of food to Ace and Starfire."While I caught Ace on Route 1 and Starfire was from Professor Osage's lab."

"So you're from Dusk Town," Diamond said. "I live in Guren Town, while my cousins live in Sinnoh, my dad's home region. I didn't have luck catching anything on Route 1 after leaving Dusk Town to retrieve my Pokedex from her since she is a good friend of my mom who helps breed pokemon for the Rookie trainers."

"Nice," Jennifer said.

The rest of a few minutes was silent as Jennifer and Diamond ate breakfast.

"That was delicious," Diamond said, standing up."I'm going to wash my face," She said, walking over to the stream.

"Alright, I'll clean up the dishes and then get dressed, and we can continue through the forest," Jennifer said, gathering the dishes and going over to a different side of the stream to get a bucket of water to wash them.

~~~

After cleaning up the campsite, Jennifer and Diamond return their Pokemon, except for Starla, and start to continue their way through Guren forest.

"So, Diamond, why do you not like forests?" Jennifer asked.

"It has nothing to do with bug Pokemon like a lot of girls, but more so something that happened to me once in a forest that makes me dislike them," Diamond said. "That's why I was so hesitant to go until I saw you getting ready to leave."

"It's okay. I have something in my past I don't talk about," Jennifer replied.

"Oh really, does it have anything to do with Starla?" Diamond asked.

"In a way, it does," Jennifer stated.

"Got it anyway. How much longer till we get out of this forest?"

"Hm," Jennifer hummed, taking out her Pokepod and reading the map."We should make it to Sunēkuuddo City with a day to spare before your Pokemon Contest." She said, putting away her Pokepod. (It's Japanese for Snakewood; I decided it sounds better than Snakewood City)

"Alright, so I have a day to get in some more training," Diamond said."When are you challenging the gym?" She asked.

"I plan to train some as soon as we arrive in the City, and then tomorrow, while you're training, probably take on the gym or do some more training of my own," Jennifer said.

"Mew," Starla cried out, rolling her eyes.

"What are you saying that it is a bad idea to challenge the gym to the next day?" Jennifer asked, looking at Starla.

"Meowth," Starla cried, looking away and locking her paw.

"She might be saying your other Pokemon aren't ready, unlike her," Diamond said. "Her tone sounds cocky to me, but I don't know exactly what she is saying. "

"That are she thinks I'm being reckless," Jennifer commented.

"Mew."

"I'm taking that as a yes to your comment," Diamond said.