☆Disappointment☆

"What!?"

"Sorry, but you're only 16. This job is available for 17 and older." The stupid register lady simply says as she stupidly glances at her stupid computer, stupidly tapping her stupid  nails against the stupid countertop, the stupid reflection of the stupid computer screen stupidly shining on her stupid, ugly lenses, her stupid damn cherry red stupid lipstick in motion as she stupidly chews her stupid gum in her stupid mouth.

"But I--...I have the requirements and everything, Is there any way that I can just prove myself that I'm really fit for this job?! I'm really eligible."

Really. I am! I've been in competitions. I've swam competitively since I was seven, and I've won the regionals and state competitions! First. Second. Third! Mostly first! I know what I'm doing and a I can give the sets! I'm just going to be an assistant, damn it!

"Come onnn!" I whined, "You've gotta have an exception or something! I really want this... I do! I even know the coaches here and everything!"

"I understand that, Eren,  but we strictly only allow 17 and older since Haegan took charge. Sorry. You can come next year though."

I sigh and comb my fingers through the strands of my bangs, exhaling with puffed cheeks.

"Alright, alright... I'll come back next year, Genny."

"Alright. Good luck, Eren."

"Thanks..." I swing my hand back to my side with another huffed sigh before leaving the registration window, huffing out a breath as I roll my eyes at the people who eye me as I walk towards the front door.

"Next!"

_______________

I can't believe that just happened to me. To think I'd have a chance to work as an assistant coach for the swim team really pumped me up! Sucks I got to wait until I'm 17 and all... darn.

Armin-- since he has a car now-- drops me off to yet another registration post down in 2336 Payton Way, about ten blocks down, for a chance to be a waiter at Friday's. Oooo, Friday's. T.G.I.F!

Come on...

  Waiter... waiter... waiter... waiter...

  "Sorry, but--"

  DAMN IT!!!

  DAMN IT. DAMN IT. DAMN IT. DAMN IT. DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT! DAMN! IT! DAMN ITTTT!!!

  And it's not because of my age either! Apparently, they're looking for a professional.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

_______________

  "Where to now, Eren?" Armin keeps his eyes on the road, our car still parked in the parking lot of Friday's. I slam the side of my head against the passenger window and groan loudly, my teeth clenching and my eyes tightly shut, just done with everything right now. "There's still the job opening at Hot Topic, Target, and The Coffee Bean."

  Armin, honestly. You must be as done than I am at this point; driving and driving around the city.

Sniffle. You're such a good friend.

  I sigh and rest my forearm on the cushion part of the window, my eyes locked on a random stoplight in the corner.

"Listen, Armin.." I huff out a breath and roll my eyes, "I would love to, but I feel like they're going to turn me down, too. Plus..." I trail out and lock my eyes on his, a small, playful smile on my face, "I don't want to start a new trend like 'Eren from Target' or anything." I did the quotation marks motion using my fingers just to emphasize it a bit.

  "Well then... that just leaves the internship at the Ackerman Estate and being a waiter for The Cheesecake Factory then."

I nod my head and glance down at my phone to check the time. "True... true..."

  "So?" He taps his fingers on the steering wheel, looking at me with expected eyes, "what's it gonna be?"

I felt as if a horde of rhinoceros just ran down sidewalks and elephants caused havoc on the streets before I came up with a decision.

  "Alright..." I cringe as I look out the window, looking at the restaurant that rejected me, "I'm being a waiter."

  At least I'll get paid...

  "Aaaand you know what that means, right?" He looks back at me, his lips in a thin line, his eyebrows up, expecting me to actually answer the damn question.

  I sigh and look at a random donut shop, cringing again as Armin pulls the car leverage to 'Drive'.

  "It means that I have to deal with horseface..."