The Hat

Ryder P.O.V.

We were waiting for robo dog to fix the Paw Patroller when my pup pad rang. It was Chase. "Chase, are you okay?!" "This isn't Chase Ryder. It's Kyle. But Chase is here. And so is Skye. They're under my boss' control like I am. Don't come looking." "Kyle! You get over here right now said a voice on the other line. The connection was lost. We gotta go find him! "Marshall and Rocky! Come with me!" I went looking in the forest. Suddenly, a black line of trees stood in our way. Everything was colorless behind it. Then we spotted Chase's hat on the other side. "I'll get it Ryder!" Marshall said crossing the line. Suddenly he halted. All the color drained out of him. Then he started walking away. "Marshall, where are you going?" I shouted. No response. Eventually he ducked out of view. "Rocky, grab Chase's hat with your claw. And don't cross the line!" "Green means go!" He grabbed the hat. It was gray like Marshall. So Chase really was being controlled...

Skye P.O.V.

"Here he is sir." I said to my owner with Chase behind me. "Chase, I am your new owner. You will obey me without doubt. Am I understood?" "Yes." "Call me sir." "Yes sir." "Skye, do you love me?" "Yes sir..."