The Morning After

Start from the beginning

Fuyuhiko shook his head, scratching the back of his neck. "No, it's fine. You shouldn't be alone."

"But you need sleep."

"But I'm not let you out of my sight."

"You're gonna have to."

"Like hell."

"Fine," you huffed, running your fingers through your knotted hair. "Then what do you suggest?"

He stopped walking, humming in thought. You noticed that he was no longer beside you and turned around.

"Come back to my cottage with me," He blurted.

Huh? What in the world?

Fuyuhiko shrugged as he took notice of your dumbfounded expression, and he looked away with a red face of his own. "Don't take it personally, alright, dumbass? I-It's just the smartest thing to do. You want me to sleep, and I don't want to leave you by yourself."

---

 That's what had happened. Well, at least, that's what you remembered. You had agreed, knowing all too well that the Yakuza wouldn't compromise any further than that.

He had volunteered to sleep on the floor, and you couldn't convince him not too. So, after he lent you some clothes due to your own being soaked in rainwater, you clambered into the bed and he made himself a pallet on the floor.

You blinked slowly, your eyes examining the pallet on the floor before returning to Fuyuhiko's sleeping body. You remembered him climbing into the bed with you around what you assumed was maybe four o'clock. 

For some reason, when he did so, you hadn't resisted him pulling you into his chest and wrapping his arms around you, just as he did a few moments ago when you had woken up.

He felt so familiar, and you just couldn't figure out why. You felt a smile playing on your lips as you turned and made your way to the bed, gently sitting on the edge of it and gazing down at the boy. 

You raised a hand, running your fingers gently through the buzz of his hair, your nails gently scraping against his scalp and you felt him relax beneath you.

But this couldn't last forever, and you knew that. And so, your hand retreated from his buzzcut hair and lowered back to your side. 

None of this could last forever, as peaceful as this moment was. And so, not bothering to change out of his clothes, you stood and grabbed your own from the floor before slipping on your shoes.

You patted the pockets of your hoodie, in search for your key. 

Only problem was... there was no key. You froze, your eyes widening in panic. No, you were sure you had put it in there last night after you left your cottage-

"Looking for this?" A rough voice from behind you piped up.

You swivelled your head around, seeing a yawning Fuyuhiko rubbing his eyes with one hand and holding your cottage key in the other. With wide eyes, you lunged at him, reaching your hand out for key.

He shot back, standing from the bed and holding the key far behind him as he held you back with his free hand.

"Give me that!" You shouted.

He furrowed his brows, narrowing his eyes as he spoke. "No, Y/n. You're not leaving my sight for a while after what you almost did last night."

You scoffed, twirling yourself around in his hold and pushing him to ground, grabbing the key as it flew form his hand. "Fuck you!"

"Damn it," he cursed, standing and pushing you against the wall with a hand on either side of your head. "Stop being so stubborn, dumbass!"

"I need my key!"

He snatched the key away, glaring at you with a cold gaze. "No."

You couldn't muster up any words to respond, and the two of you glared at each other in pure fury. He sighed, stepping back and sitting down on the edge of his bed. 

"I'm sorry, Y/n. But I'm not risking you doing something like that again and getting executed."

For some odd reason, you couldn't argue. The only thing that came out of your mouth was a sigh. "So... what now?"

"Now?" He asked. You nodded and a sly grin played on Fuyuhiko's lips as he stood up and approached you once more, backing you against the wall for the second time in the past five minutes. "Let's see... Now, now, now....., you're sleeping in here from now on."

"What!?" He couldn't be serious... right?

He nodded. 

Oh.

He's serious.

"B-but what about my clothes? A-and my books and notebooks! And my writing stuff!? You don't wanna-"

"Relax. I'll stop by later today and get that under control."

"So, what? I just don't have access to my own cottage now?"

"Mmmmm...." He hummed in thought, tilting his head from side to side. "I wouldn't call it that. After all, this is your cottage now. Sorry, I mean... our cottage."

You opened your mouth to protest but apparently at some point during the argument, he had pulled on his shoes and his blazer. 

He chuckled, buttoning up his dress shirt all the way and fixing his tie. "No more talking. The others are waiting for you."

You couldn't get any words out of your mouth as he raised your key and teasingly tossed it in the air before catching it again, and leaving the cottage as he shut the door behind him with a sinister smile.

... Oh god, he actually did that...

You stood there with a dumbfounded expression, unable to peel your eyes from the door.