Volume 4.2: Matte black, white rims and a M Badge.

Start from the beginning

There are even a lot of bets already. 16 bets on Ryūen'.
18 bets on Sudō

I'm not placing a bet, of course, because it's an even match here.

"Kiyotaka, the special exam seems to be in full swing. Oh wait...I completely forgot that Ichinose-san invited us both for coffee. Do you want to go? We have about 30 minutes before the appointment. I already agreed anyway, so you have to come."

Wow...I got to have a lot of say as usual....

"Yes."

I saw a small pop-up information again, Ishizaki must have accepted.

-referee-

>Shiina Hiyori<

Do I know her from somewhere?

"Kiyotaka, lately you have been focusing too much on the class competitions. I think you deserve a break, because this special exam is voluntary anyway and has no effect on the class points. Let the others slave away."

Isn't it her, the person who is trying to get to class-a at all costs?

It's not a serious problem for me, I've been through worse things in the white room.

"It would be nice to take a little break, but after you gave us the win, it would be stupid to let that chance slip to financial strength, wouldn't it?"

"Kiyo, you really need a break, the tired eyes and your dark circles show it in your appearance alone. After the meeting with Ichinose-san, you will go to sleep. When will you let the challenge take place?"

Circles under the eyes? Tiredness? Is that all right? Of all the people in the world, am I supposed to have these symptoms?

"If that's the way you want it..."

She smiled. She is probably very happy. She seems to be fully recovered in less than three days.

I put my hand on her forehead again just to be sure. 36,8°C. Perfect body temperature.

"Well?"

"36.8°C. Healthy."

"Ha! Look! Now it's your turn. After all, you want to be fit for this exhausting week, don't you?

"Would be comfortable."

She put her hands on mine, my heart skipping a beat.

Is it working? Am I finally becoming more human again?

'More human'.

I remember again...

Flashback:♤♤◇◇♧♧

"Kiyotaka. Why?"

I just looked at the movements and disappointment on his face.

"Why, you of all others, why do you want to explore the outside world so badly?"

"Old man, I am grateful for this education and for the knowledge you have given me. But what is the use of knowledge if I can only use it here?"

He stared at me, and Matsuo went into a state of shock.

"The world out there. It is useless to you. You are treated badly because, unfortunately, you are not human. Look at how humans treat the animals and trees. You will not be an exception.  Kiyotaka, you will not survive the outside world and will be a victim of extinction."

I won't survive the outside world? Then what did you build me for, old man?

Have I no purpose? Am I that far past the mark?