Trials, (and Tribulations).

Z-Hour – 3 Days

We arrived at our tiny hotel on the outskirts of Northern town of Srinagar just as the weather started to break, clouds rolling in from off the surrounding hills that brought with them a rain that soaked everything it touched instantly and left the unforgettable smell of wet soil in the air. "Perfectly normal," our liaison from the Indian Army said as he held up an umbrella to protect Minah from the downpour. "We get these small weather problems every now and again."

"It's fine Major Toor," Minah replied nodding when she was safely under the canopy of the entrance, waiting for the rest of the team to disembark. "It's actually quite lovely, a nice break from the heat down South."

"We were sorry to hear about your daughter Mrs Kim," the officer said, "let me assure you that we are doing everything we can to ensure her safe return, and a full enquiry is underway to investigate how such an incident occurred in our country."

"Thank you Major," Jenna replied maintaining her polite formality, her shield against the world. "Any efforts you make are very much appreciated I assure you. May I introduce the team that have agreed to assist you with the demonstration of our equipment tomorrow?"

The Major nodded and Minah introduced us all, going from one to another telling him who we were and what we were going to be doing; implanting our cover story on anyone that might be listening. After the perfunctory nods and handshakes, we were escorted inside and shown to the rooms that had been prepared for us so we could get changed and ready for our ride to the demonstration site. We had that cover to keep up, and though I suspected that someone, somewhere in the Indian Army knew what we were up to, no-one was going to let anything out of the bag.

"Blondie," Soohyun's voice followed a banging on my door, "you ready? Time's a ticking."

"Coming," I shouted, zipping up my jacket and stuffing my phone into my pocket, "keep your hair on Boss."

I found him leaning against the wall opposite to my door, with a wry smile on his face; Andy and Simon flanking him mimicking his pose.

"Aw, don't you all look cute," I said at their posturing, "tell me, when's the wedding?"

"Couple of months from now if you must know Snowy," Soohyun said surprising me slightly. "You should be getting your invite any day soon."

"Another reason to get Miss Jennie back then Sarge," Andy teased, "I'm sure that invite will be have a 'plus one' on it and I don't think I've got any chance of being your date have I?"

"I wouldn't bank on it, no," I said with a raised eyebrow, "though if I am invited, and I do take Jennie, that means my team will need to be on hand to provide security for us both...so that will mean no partying for you pair of fuckers. In fact I think I'll recommend to Jennie that she and the entire family needs twenty four hour protection throughout the event from everyone assigned to them. Make sure you earn your overtime, that'll make you two popular with the team won't it?"

The three of them looked at me in surprise. I held their look for a second before winking, "do you ladies want to play some more?" I asked as Soohyun's lips started to twitch in amusement.

"Thought not, shall we then?" I asked waving at them to move on and knocking on Minah's door. I got a friendly cuff from Simon as he passed and a clap on the shoulder and a smile from Andy.

"Ready Mrs Kim?" I said as the door opened revealing my travel worn charge.

"As I'll ever be Lisa dear, she said shaking her head, "this is one ride I'm not looking forward to."