Chapter Thirteen: The Balcony Incident And The Note

Start from the beginning

"Two against one, bah!" Bob laughed, "Where did your brags go now?"

"It's you who brags-" Ryan couldn't finish; there was another attack of the pushforce charm on him. He was thrown away, and he hit the wall with a thud.

Ryan knew now he had to strike back. On the other hand, Tom was saying, "Duel, or keep getting thrashed, you filthy clod!"

But at the next moment, an axispin charm made him spin three times like a ballerina, and as he felt dizzy, he collapsed.

Ryan took his time by the axispin charm. After performing that, he lit himself up with the energy refill.

Bob snarled, "Nice move, idiot; but that's the best you can ever do." He lit himself up too.

ZAP! ZAP! Both Ryan and Bob shot a blast, but both met each other halfway, and- BOOM! An explosion sent both thrown away to their respective ends.

Tom was up by then. He snarled, "Get ready, you freakin' bighead; I'm going to teach such a lesson that you'll be mad enough to turn into a great motherfucker!"

"WHAT'D YOU SAY!?" Ryan shot two blasts at once at Tom, and he was thrown away, hitting the wall hard. He moaned, "My damn head..."

"Who else wants to get thrashed?" Ryan said, "It's free of charge!"

"I'll make sure you cry in pain," Bob hissed, standing up.

Then what happened can be called a duel. An energy emission duel. Ryan and Bob both charged at each other, with a few strikes successful and a few in vain. At last, they were panting as the energy refills were over. Of both.

Ryan didn't wait. He refilled his energy blasts.

Bob stood up, wiping out sweat, and said, "Enough of this ballet, you moron. Let's get some real shit outta you."

Bob lit up himself, but Ryan didn't lose time. He used the pushforce on the delicate place. Bob's abdomen.

"Awk", Bob squeaked as he was down, holding his abdomen.

Ryan shot two blasts at him too, this time making sure that both blasts met each other. And-

BOOM! Bob was completely thrown away onto his brother's bed by the energy explosion. Alphonse McCarley's technique number two. This time, Bob was knocked out. He lay senseless.

"You fu-" Tom gritted his teeth while standing up but before he could finish, there was a bark outside the door.

"MAGICAL FIGHTING INSIDE THE SCHOOL BUILDING!" Hancliffe's voice rang throughout the corridor," IS THIS WHY YOU ARE TAUGHT DUELING? WAIT UNTIL I FIND THE CULPRIT AND GIVE THEM TO THE ASSISTANT HEADMISTRESS, AND YOU'LL BE REGISTERED AS A MAGIC FOLK!!" His voice was as loud as a siren.

Ryan busily said, "Stop fighting, you fucker; or else we both are done for." He quickly used the pushforce charm to slam the door shut. Tom went and locked the door.

Ryan sat on the floor, leaning against the wall. Tom, on the other hand, awakened his brother with some karate chops.

"What the-" Before Bob could even finish his words, Tom snapped, "Hancliffe's out to find us. Stay quiet."

Even though the fight was over; Ryan couldn't resist properly. They continued their fight with words, whispering in the lowest tone.

"What are you still doing here?" Bob hissed.

"Why should you care about that?" Ryan replied, "It's all your fault I'm stuck in here. If you hadn't started the fight-"

"Duel, not fight," Tom said.