4) Obvious Tension

I woke up to someone standing over me. I couldn't see their face because their shadow was blocking my vision. I didn't particularly care. I was just grateful I didn't have to deal with the direct sun the instant I woke up. It still beat down with no mercy, but it was only slightly better.

"We have to get moving. We'll eat as we walk,"Aris said.

"Sounds like a plan,"I responded groggy. I stood up for something to fall off me. I glanced down to see Aris's hoodie. Why the hell did I have his hoodie?

"You were shivering last night. I'd rather not have my partner freeze to death,"He explained.

"Thanks I guess,"I said, not wanting to give him much credit. I don't like him as a person. Nothing he does could change my mind.

"Come on shanks. You can flirt when we get there,"Minho shouted from the front.

"Definitely not flirting,"I said under my breath.

"No. Just sexual tension,"Frypan added casually. Right now I don't like anybody. Newt seems chill though. Thomas hasn't said much.

It amazes me how quickly you could forget people were book characters. I tried to forget about my family until I knew there was a way out. It must be a survival thing. I guess if you know you could die at any time you try not to focus on anything.

Survival. Wait a minute. Am I immune? I'm with a bunch of people with the Flare. I can't afford not to be. I wouldn't last long. It wouldn't even matter if anything was found. I would suffer a fate worse than death.

"Apple?"Aris offered from next to me. I shook my head. The thought of keeping anything down made me want to vomit. "You okay? You look like you've seen a ghost,"He asked.

"Fine,"I muttered, not wanting to think about it.

"Really? You look like hell,"Thomas commented from next to us.

"Thanks. I wasn't aware I would look like hell in a desert,"I snapped.

Thomas looked startled out of nowhere. They must be talking about me in what Aris would call those pretty little head of theirs. I wish I could ask what he was telling him, but he seemed to forgotten about the Flat Trans. I can't give anything else away.

"You alright there Tommy? Now you look like hell,"Newt said, emphasising the you. He nodded clenching his jaw. He still misses Teresa. He's in love with her. I've always wondered what it felt like to fall in love. I've had crushes before, but none of it was real love. Thomas deserved better. I hope eventually somewhere I can't see he finds it.

Sand started blowing in my face again making me cover my face with my shirt while my other hand held the bag. Aris made me carry the lighter bag today. I still don't like him. There's no sexual tension or flirting between us. I put that on my life.

ᕙᕗᕙᕗᕙᕗᕙᕗᕙᕗᕙᕗᕙᕗ

Eventually, everyone was to tired to even talk. While I tried to deny anything from him refusing water seemed like a stupid move. I tried not to chug to much of it though. As much as I hate Aris I don't want him to die.

"Never thought I'd miss the Glade,"Clint grumbled. It was a more than reasonable statement. I never thought I'd miss my brother, but here I am.

I was getting frustrated at those thoughts. I have to survive and especially focus on not becoming a Crank. I have to get home eventually. It's hard to think of something when I don't know how I got here in the first place, but I would do my best.